I am trying to set this up on my EVO 4g LTE. I can't find where to enter the code. I only get a message under the notifications pull down that says "Sign in error for xxx@gmail.com - Touch to sign into your account." I touch the notification, and no dice - nothing happens. It just returns me to my previous screen.

When I hit the Recent Apps button, it does show a black screen as one of the choices. Underneath that is the green Android robot icon and "Enter Email and Password." I touch that, and it takes me back to the homescreen.

Any ideas? I haven't had to reset my Gmail password since I got the new phone, so I'm not even sure where to do that. Going to "Accounts and Sync" under settings doesn't give me any options for changing my Google password.

Is this a Sense thing or an ICS thing?
    08-08-2012 06:48 AM
    You made an app-specific password for this, right? You need to do so for each device you've got. That's the painful part.
    08-08-2012 08:32 AM
    You made an app-specific password for this, right? You need to do so for each device you've got. That's the painful part.
    But its more secure.
    08-08-2012 08:47 AM
    I am trying to set this up on my EVO 4g LTE. I can't find where to enter the code. I only get a message under the notifications pull down that says "Sign in error for xxx@gmail.com - Touch to sign into your account." I touch the notification, and no dice - nothing happens. It just returns me to my previous screen.

When I hit the Recent Apps button, it does show a black screen as one of the choices. Underneath that is the green Android robot icon and "Enter Email and Password." I touch that, and it takes me back to the homescreen.

Any ideas? I haven't had to reset my Gmail password since I got the new phone, so I'm not even sure where to do that. Going to "Accounts and Sync" under settings doesn't give me any options for changing my Google password.

Is this a Sense thing or an ICS thing?
    Log in to you google account and go to security>2nd verification >application specific password.
    08-08-2012 08:48 AM
    I didn't need to do an app specific password for my phone. Did I do it wrong?

My steps:
    I activated 2 step on my EVO in my chrome browser. Made my phone trusted perhaps?
    Next day I activated it again via my PC. Basically did it the right way that time.
    The only app it said needed a password was chrome sync. Did that on my PC.
    Then I installed Google Authenticator on my phone.

Gmail is working fine. I should be all set right?
    robwalte likes this.
    08-08-2012 11:40 AM
    Thanks for sharing - signing in with Chrome did it. There was a place to enter the verification code.

My issue with Gmail is that I was never given a place to update my password or enter the verification code.

I wonder if I was never given the opportunity because I have Chrome set to sync. If I didn't have Chrome, maybe I would've been given a screen??

I'm not even sure that makes sense. Either way, it works now.
    08-08-2012 06:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD