Deleting apps from app store history

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to clear out your download/purchase history from the Play store? What I mean is when I go to ALL in MY APPS I want to clear out all the old crap that I have uninstalled. Is there a way?

SROJR

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
OK; I was curious about this too so I went hunting and found this on the Google Play website. Hope someone comes along with a way to do this. I have way to many "dead" apps that I will never use again.

Permanently removing uninstalled apps

"At this time, there is no way to permanently delete or remove apps from the Google Play website (My Orders/My Android Apps) or from the Google Play Store app (My Apps) that you’ve previously downloaded but have since uninstalled".

doomstang

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I remember looking for this in the Amazon market a few months back and it wasn't possible back then. This must be a relatively new feature.

You are welcome :)

It was actually added several months ago after lots of complaints. And it is pretty well hidden too... one would think they would add the functionality to their store app.

One would also think Google would have beaten them to it. AND since they are the king of "seach", why the hell can't they get their act together and allow some more useful search/sort/filter options while they are at it? Trying to find something with 600,000 apps is beyond frustrating.

zakphi

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
let's say you delete an app you paid for or was the free app of the day, but in the future you want to reinstall that app. would you have to pay for it again?

That is a good question. I don't know the answer. I suspect if you delete the app, you would have to re-buy it.

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'd love this functionality. I've had an android phone for over 3 years so there's LOTS of crud in there that I don't want and will never install again.

What makes it worse is this is compounded by the very bad web interface for the store. Because there's so many apps in there, if I go to the last page on the site, I'm only through "G" of my apps. Anything I'm trying to find that's H-Z is not there.

houstonwino

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I doubt I'd use a delete function if they offered it, but the ability to hide apps that I didn't want to see again would be great,

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
That is a feature that was desperately needed by me in the Google Play store. I had a lot of useless apps that I had bought like several keyboards, or themes that I had once used that I no longer want to use. I don't want to have to sift through all of those apps any longer. They need to be able to enable the function to delete these apps for good. In iTunes, you can hide apps. But I wish that you could delete them from there too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Don't have my phone in front of me but I'm 90+% sure in the play store you go to the menu, then my apps and you can delete the apps from there.

If you can't find it hit me up again

zakphi

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Don't have my phone in front of me but I'm 90+% sure in the play store you go to the menu, then my apps and you can delete the apps from there.

If you can't find it hit me up again

my problem with that is each time you remove an app, you are brought back to the top. i wish google would add a way for us to either do it online or to remove multiple apps at one time

genescuff

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I figured this out the other day by accident. On your phone go into the Play Store and select My Apps. There are two tabs at the top, INSTALLED and ALL, tap ALL. You will see a list of all the apps you have downloaded. Apps which are no longer installed have an "X" next to them on the right side..

Press and hold the app you want removed from the list; it will turn blue. You can select other apps for removal from the list by tapping the corresponding line. When you are finished, tap the "X" at the very top right of the screen (to the left of the X, it'll show how many apps you have selected; also, don't tap the check mark on the far left of the screen, or else you'll have to re-select everything), and you'll get a popup to confirm deletion.

This method will not work on installed apps, only apps that have been installed then removed.

I'm not sure if this can be done on a PC, but it's pretty quick on the phone.

EDIT: With the recent Play Store updates, Google changed the way downloaded apps that are not installed appear on the ALL tab. They now have an "X" instead of the Circle Slash. I also edited my post a little to reflect the new behavior of the Play Store. Again, this method will not work on pre-installed apps.

Last edited:

genescuff

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
@zakphi

Use a long press on the first app, it'll then highlight, which will allow you to select other apps for removal en masse. It's like using CTRL on a PC to select multiple items.

Rickdt7

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You should be able to long press on any app *that is not currently installed on your device* to highlight it, then, you can either do the same to select multiple apps and then delete them all by tapping the "x" at the top, far right of the screen. You can not delete apps from the list if they are still on your phone, you'll have to individually delete them from your device and then you'll have the option of deleting them from the "My Apps" list.

therealspk

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Talked to a Google Play rep. Depending on how bad you want them removed this is how you can do it.

Log into your Gmail/Google account from a computer completely delete your account. Establish a new account. The apps you have on your phone should remain. Then go to your phone and sync phone to your new Gmail account (similar to when you first set it up).

Disadvantage: The apps you downloaded with the deleted gmail account will not transfer to a new phone if you ever upgrade.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Talked to a Google Play rep. Depending on how bad you want them removed this is how you can do it.

Log into your Gmail/Google account from a computer completely delete your account. Establish a new account. The apps you have on your phone should remain. Then go to your phone and sync phone to your new Gmail account (similar to when you first set it up).

Disadvantage: The apps you downloaded with the deleted gmail account will not transfer to a new phone if you ever upgrade.

Who would ever do that?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech