Deleting apps from app store history

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I figured this out the other day by accident. On your phone go into the Play Store and select My Apps. Then scroll right to view ALL. You will see a list of all the apps you have downloaded. Apps which are no longer installed have a Circle with Slash next to them on the right side..

Press and hold the app you want removed from the list; it will turn blue. You can select other apps for removal from the list by tapping the corresponding line. When you are finished, tap the top right of the page, it will be a Circle with Slash, tap that, and you'll get a popup to confirm deletion.

This method will not work on installed apps, one apps that have been installed then removed.

I'm not sure if this can be done on a PC, but it's pretty quick on the phone.

This does not work for my with my lgg2. I disabled facebook and want to delete it, but there is no option. There is no circle with a slash. I want to delete this as I do not use it. I want to get rid of it on my phone and google account. Any more updates on this? Thanks

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
This does not work for my with my lgg2. I disabled facebook and want to delete it, but there is no option. There is no circle with a slash. I want to delete this as I do not use it. I want to get rid of it on my phone and google account. Any more updates on this? Thanks

To get it off the phone, Settings, Apps, All, Facebook, Uninstall

To get it out of the play store history, please refer back to the post before yours.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

You cannot delete apps that were preinstalled on the firmware unless you are rooted. Otherwise It is "read only". As long as it is disabled, it doesn't matter. And deleting things in the firmware does not free up any user usable space.

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
And FB was pre-installed because when I go to Apps I can only disable it, not uninstall it. Thanks all. But Google should let us delete old apps directly from the PC

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
And FB was pre-installed because when I go to Apps I can only disable it, not uninstall it. Thanks all. But Google should let us delete old apps directly from the PC

I agree, but in this case Facebook was probably preinstalled by your carrier. Google doesn't preinstall Facebook (thank God).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I agree, but in this case Facebook was probably preinstalled by your carrier. Google doesn't preinstall Facebook (thank God).

Probably. But it is still read-only. That is typically OK, as long as we are "allowed" to disable it. The problem is that some stuff the carriers put on our devices are marked as not allowed to disable, which is just pain wrong.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Probably. But it is still read-only. That is typically OK, as long as we are "allowed" to disable it. The problem is that some stuff the carriers put on our devices are marked as not allowed to disable, which is just pain wrong.

I agree. They really put too much extra stuff on and unless you can root, we're just stuck with it.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Can a paid app, which is uninstalled, be deleted to?

Any app that you install yourself should be deletable. Not something you would normally want to do, however. Since you paid for it and might want to install it again some day. Of course, it might be ultra crap or something :)

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Any app that you install yourself should be deletable. Not something you would normally want to do, however. Since you paid for it and might want to install it again some day. Of course, it might be ultra crap or something :)
The key words there are"should be". Has anyone tried this???

tjgriffin

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I have a bunch of apps that I almost never use. But, when I need them, I REALLY need them. I'd like to delete them but keep a list with links back to the store so I can easly reinstall them. Anyone know of an app that can do that? I found an unsitaller that keeps a history, but I'd like to be able to save that to a file and possibly reload it. That way if I clear history or the data gets wiped, I would not loose that list. Thanks so much!

B Dobbins

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
OK; I was curious about this too so I went hunting and found this on the Google Play website. Hope someone comes along with a way to do this. I have way to many "dead" apps that I will never use again.

Permanently removing uninstalled apps

"At this time, there is no way to permanently delete or remove apps from the Google Play website (My Orders/My Android Apps) or from the Google Play Store app (My Apps) that you’ve previously downloaded but have since uninstalled".