Evo 4G or Galaxy S3 more future proof?

AustinRawr

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I Ordered a Galaxy S3 for Sprint, but received a Evo 4 LTE. After having the HTC for a week and finally getting the S3, I am very disappointed with the S3. The UI is absolutely horrible, and the shutter sound is IMPOSSIBLE to turn off with the Sprint version.
If the Evo had 2 Gigs of Ram like the S3, i would readily keep it in place of the S3.
I have until 8/16 to decide which to keep.
The only thing keeping me from returning the S3 right now is that i feel like it is more future proof than the Evo.
But in all honesty if the Evo were to be able to get Jelly Bean this year, and maintain the smooth UI it now has WITHOUT rooting, That would be enough.

Any advice?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I am sure this phone will have jellybean sometime this year. As for the ram, most of it is never used. Extra ram is wasted ram. If it's not being used its just a waste. You will never lack the necessary ram with the evo. The system has a way of handling it. People see a thread saying htc closed a few offices over sea and immediately say there is no future. HTC is not going anywhere. They have a proven track record and just hit a bump in the road.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, go with the EVO. As far as I've been told, it's the nicest hardware Sprint has in their stores as far as issues with the phones go. The UI is way better and I'm sure it will be updated soon enough.

jem286

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
The s3 works better as a mutitasking phone i use between 1.3 to 1.4 gb of ram on the s3 i dont have any rebooing of touch wiz or any hickups. The evo 4glte it reboot sense after i would exit chrome web pages would reload and all that. But in returing my evo and keeping tbe s3 i miss the kickstand the screen on the evo. But after a couple of weeks on the s3 touchwiz is getting better. Plus with the s3 ive had no moments when i want to smash it. That was happing a lot on the evo when it would kill a post i was writing to go answer a text and stuff like that

So in short put them both through there passes and pick the one that works for you now cause if you pick one with the mindset that the thing you hate will get fixed in the future it probably wont.

One more thing on the wasted ram thing my nexus 7 running 4.1 has about 536 megs of free ram my s3 has about 560 so about the same

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Honestly they're about the same, in terms of "future-proofing". EVO has the better screen and Sense>Touchwiz, so that's pretty much that.

bigrey81

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The s3 works better as a mutitasking phone i use between 1.3 to 1.4 gb of ram on the s3 i dont have any rebooing of touch wiz or any hickups. The evo 4glte it reboot sense after i would exit chrome web pages would reload and all that. But in returing my evo and keeping tbe s3 i miss the kickstand the screen on the evo. But after a couple of weeks on the s3 touchwiz is getting better. Plus with the s3 ive had no moments when i want to smash it. That was happing a lot on the evo when it would kill a post i was writing to go answer a text and stuff like that

So in short put them both through there passes and pick the one that works for you now cause if you pick one with the mindset that the thing you hate will get fixed in the future it probably wont.

One more thing on the wasted ram thing my nexus 7 running 4.1 has about 536 megs of free ram my s3 has about 560 so about the same well the evo lte pre update was a bit frustrating post update its a different phone

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Honestly they're about the same, in terms of "future-proofing". EVO has the better screen and Sense>Touchwiz, so that's pretty much that.

There is the additional cleanup costs since TW makes me vomit a little each time I see it, so I'm saving on that part.

Sent via EVO LTE

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
S3 for sure nobody use touch wiz go launcher first thing I did, also I brought seidio active case so kick stand is no problem for me.. On my galaxy u turned my animation and transition speed off its blazing fast.. HTC screen is better tho

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma