LTE Live in Baltimore

johnshaft

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm in Columbia, MD and got it twice. Speeds of 11 mbps. Spotty reception, but considering I'm NEAR B'more and not in it and also that the startup hasn't been announced yet in the press, I'm not complaining. It's only gonna get better. (Of course, with no 4G and really crappy 3G it couldn't get any worse either so I guess the bar is set pretty low.)

Yep. I got about the same results early Monday afternoon while at work, but it didn't last for long. I figured that they were some preliminary testing being done. Can't wait.

DisplacedMic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
"I wonder what it's like to have a real cellphone carrier"
mcnulty.jpg

ImNoPrince

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Looks like it got turned off yesterday and still is off. They should have kept it fired up for the Holiday Weekend Dumb Move Sprint.

Hatren

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I guess no one has read my previous post......reading is FUNdamental!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

dre22era

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Was in Baltimore all day yesterday and not once did I get a 4G LTE Signal.
Basically drove from Pimlico to around Eastern Avenue by 695 and also around Morgan State
Nothing

Hatren

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
And that poor excuse of an article tells us nothing
no offense to you

Tells us exactly the answer people are looking for.....When is 4g going to be live in Baltimore. Considering the OP set the topic as Lte live in Baltimore.

dre22era

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Tells us exactly the answer people are looking for.....When is 4g going to be live in Baltimore. Considering the OP set the topic as Lte live in Baltimore.

I present to you Exhibit A:
why would sprint jump the gun on their coverage map before the alleged Sept. 4th launch
XeB3x.jpg

Hatren

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
What exactly do you mean? Why would Verizon and Sprint advertise they have 4g when in fact they didn't (Sprint) and have 4g even though it didn't work(Verizon). Cause that's what big companies do to increase revenue. They lie

Hatren

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
And if you're referring to the 4g coverage, 4g is in select cities. Baltimore was a selected city back in the spring but had "issues with birds" so I got postponed in Baltimore. Still kind of unsure exactly what question you're try in to ask tho.

dre22era

May 25, 2012
Visit site
What exactly do you mean? Why would Verizon and Sprint advertise they have 4g when in fact they didn't (Sprint) and have 4g even though it didn't work(Verizon). Cause that's what big companies do to increase revenue. They lie

in a non political perfect English answer. I AM LOCATED IN THE ORANGE AREA OF THAT MAP AND I DONT HAVE 4G LTE. NEVER SAW IT IN MY LIFE!

Hatren

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
They haven't turned it on yet, it not "live". How many ways can I put it....like the article said we should have 4g by Sept 4th. I don't have a clue of how to get you to understand this in any other way.

Last edited:

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
They haven't turned it on yet, it not "live". How many ways can I put it....like the article said we should have 4g by Sept 4th. I don't have a clue of how to get you to understand this in any other way.

Better off talking to a hyper puppy then getting the point to him that he just has to be patient.

Reactions: Hatren

ImNoPrince

May 7, 2012
Visit site
WhatEver yes the 4th might be the turn on day but that really has nothing to do when it's really turned on for many areas . It was suppose to be turned on late Aug well Sept is Sept not late Aug .

Oh and with the exception of those 2 days it was turned back Off I have had and now still do had great 4G LTE at my House including right now. So you post is just information where mine is real world happenings , both very informative but i'll take the RealWorld over media print any day.
This is no different then Disney saying such and such a ride opens on a date only to have it open weeks ahead of time. That doesn't mean when I ride it I'm going to enjoy it any less . The reason for my Post is I had my phone on CDMA only and would just switch it every now and then and thought maybe others did as well and wanted to give them a heads up to turn on the LTE. Just pulled 29M Dw and 10M up not bad for not being live.

Hatren

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
WhatEver yes the 4th might be the turn on day but that really has nothing to do when it's really turned on for many areas . It was suppose to be turned on late Aug well Sept is Sept not late Aug .

Oh and with the exception of those 2 days it was turned back Off I have had and now still do had great 4G LTE at my House including right now. So you post is just information where mine is real world happenings , both very informative but i'll take the RealWorld over media print any day.
This is no different then Disney saying such and such a ride opens on a date only to have it open weeks ahead of time. That doesn't mean when I ride it I'm going to enjoy it any less . The reason for my Post is I had my phone on CDMA only and would just switch it every now and then and thought maybe others did as well and wanted to give them a heads up to turn on the LTE. Just pulled 29M Dw and 10M up not bad for not being live.

Show them screenshots?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci