Update soon to fix EVO 4g LTE connection issues?

Bkmike23

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I was looking to get this phone in a few days but one thing that may make me change my mind and get the SGS3 is the connectivity issues. There are a lot of threads here and in other forums talking about it. Even someone who works in a sprint store told me to stay away from the phone because so many people are having these issues. The rep also told me it has nothing to do with sprint's network. Does any one know if there will be any software update to fix this issue?

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I've had zero connection issues, sprint is great in my area. The one thing I can tell you for sure is that the EvoLTE doesn't have any major connection issues, anything that does turn up is probably either a random glitch (happens to everyphone from time to time) or an issue with Sprint's network in that area. I also much prefer the radios in the EvoLTE to those in the GSIII, good radios is not something Samsung is well known for.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Bkmike23

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
That rep is a idiot because it is the network. They are working on the network everyday all over the country. I had a whole week where I barly had 3g. Then I find out that same week many upgrades in my area were completed and my 3g has been better then ever. Any "rep" with a half a brain would know the network is being worked on. The phone is not junk,, nice try though. Many people with connection problems are people who are in bad areas or no 4g areas with their 4g radio on. That screws up everything. Must have it set to CDMA only if you have no 4g.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any connectivity issues here. I wouldn't think a sprint rep would ever try to encourage someone to not buy a flagship phone but who knows.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Reactions: Bkmike23

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Well I guess you all are one pf the lucky few, cause I've had plenty connection issues with my phone! Don't know if it's the phone or the network, it disconnects itself from the mobile network a zillion times a day, and when I'm at home it will also disconnect itself from wifi from time to time.

I've been fed so many stories by Sprint reps I don't know what to believe! I do know this phone is a freaking beast and once Sprint/HTC get it together this phone will be untouchable (at least till something newer comes out) LOL

bigtank

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I also have a lot of connection drops but its impossible to tell if its the phone or the network. I would suspect that if the phone is unable to make connection after a certain period that it would auto-disable the connection as a power save

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Well I guess you all are one pf the lucky few, cause I've had plenty connection issues with my phone! Don't know if it's the phone or the network, it disconnects itself from the mobile network a zillion times a day, and when I'm at home it will also disconnect itself from wifi from time to time.

I've been fed so many stories by Sprint reps I don't know what to believe! I do know this phone is a freaking beast and once Sprint/HTC get it together this phone will be untouchable (at least till something newer comes out) LOL

I've seen a lot less of people with connection issues than those without, so I'd go with you guys being the unlucky ones rather than us being unlucky.

Anyway, your issue sounds like either a network issue or just a bad phone, rather than a design or software flaw across all devices.

Reactions: crzycrkr

Questhate

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
For what its worth, two of my friends also have an LTEvo. On a handful of occasions now, they've had decent reception while my phone could not find coverage. I'm thinking the radios in my set must be faulty but its too late to return it now.

Not saying this is or isn't the case for other people, but in my experience on a few occasions, the phone and NOT the network was to blame.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

Just a thought,, your wifi router at home may not be good. Maybe it is, just throwing something out there. Have you used wifi at a local wifi spot? If so does it continually disconnect there also? If it does then you have a bad phone.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

Vysse

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Not bashing on my phone I love so much but if there's no lte issues on this phone why is it a listed fix in the next update...

Reactions: sasha

bigtank

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Vysse, I think its for some of the issues the phones have going from LTE to EV-DO and back. I live in DFW where LTE is spotty and block by block. On my commute I go from 3g to 4g to 3g to 4g back to 3g all on a 15min commute. A lot of time I get to work and my phone has spazzed out trying to figure out what to connect to. Im pretty sure this is what they are trying to address

jayhay312

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm up in the Boston area and have had no connectivity issues with the phone.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My wife would complain about connection drops all the time too. The problem with her hone was that it would keep switching back to CDMA/LTE instead of staying in CDMA only. Since the update she hasn't had any issues.

enzie5454

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
It's the network. We had original evos and all of a sudden we were dropping calls. We thought it was the phones. We bought new evos and same problem. Friends with other phones in my area have same connection issues. This is in the northern suburbs of Chicago. Towers will supposedly be fixed soon.

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Whatever it is they should fix it! Damn thing is downright worthless half the time. Sat for 15 mins today waiting on a freakin 3g signal so my GPS would work. GPS was locked had about 4 bars but nada cause no 3g. For as much as I pay a month its just not acceptable. Basically I'm gonna give them til the end of this contract and if I don't have a working network and LTE I'm out. Sorry for the rant but I've had it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37