Continue to Lose 3/4G Data on Random Days

Husker Z

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Okay, two days ago I noticed that I never had any data connection other than the 1x, it never clicked to 3G or 4G in areas I know for a fact it should. I messed around with a number of things, but no luck at all. That night, I powered off and charged all night, then fired it up the next day and planned on unrooting and taking it to Sprint. Well, when I started it up, it had 3G back (no 4G, but it's pretty spotty in my area anyway). So, I figured all was well again.

Nope, this morning I get up and turn the phone on and I'm back to getting ONLY 1x.

I've flashed a couple different ROMS thinking that might do it, but no change at all. I'm currently on Mean ROM 3.1 if that helps.

I've also clicked on and off the LTE/CDMA a number of times, turned off data totally, etc., but nothing.

Thanks in advance if someone has any idea. This is pretty frustrating, to say the least.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Id recommend starting from scratch. Load stock rom with updates.
Go from there. If your having issues with data connection then it is more likely a hardware device issue. Anytime you root and flash a custom rom and you start to run into problem the number of possible issues starts to go way up.
Now with that said, i replaced my EVO LTE with a GS3.
I was tired of having data issues.
I did find that putting it into CDMA only mode helped me maintain 3G data.
Anytime i had data issues i would power off my phone and turn it back on. That usually fixed the issue.
I am convinced HTC has a switching issue with Sprints new Network Vision system.
Im in a NV area (Dallas, TX) and anytime i drove around the area i would get data loss. If its on CDMA only this would help a lot but not always fix it.

Husker Z

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I think I might be getting close actually. I believe it has to do with using ROM Cleaner and getting rid of Sense, it doesn't like that!

I'm past my 14 days, so I'd have to pay full price to switch to the GS3 and I'm not doing that right now, but probably would if given the chance.

Husker Z

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I fully wiped everything installed Fresh w/Goodies Rom and all is well, for now.

It's something to do with Mean ROM and the Rom Cleaner, I have a feeling it's in the Rom Cleaner as I didn't have much trouble before flashing that.

Husker Z

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Okay, this is going to Sprint tomorrow. I'm back to stock and while the 3G icon shows up, it's NOT on 3G. I was on the road all day today and it said 3G all day but data speeds where next to nothing. Downloading a 2 mb app took close to 6 minutes. Also, I was on a road here in KC that I normally get great 4G signal for miles and today I got nothing.

I've tried everything and it's flat out stuck on the slowest data connection you can think of. It makes dial up look like Google Fiber!

So irritating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

PittsPgh

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Okay, this is going to Sprint tomorrow. I'm back to stock and while the 3G icon shows up, it's NOT on 3G. I was on the road all day today and it said 3G all day but data speeds where next to nothing. Downloading a 2 mb app took close to 6 minutes. Also, I was on a road here in KC that I normally get great 4G signal for miles and today I got nothing.

I've tried everything and it's flat out stuck on the slowest data connection you can think of. It makes dial up look like Google Fiber!

So irritating.

That's normal for stock to always show 3G even when on 1X. Even my EVO3D was the same way, till I put a differnt rom on it.
Try Network Info II, to see what you're connected to. Open Signal works as well.

Paul

Husker Z

May 17, 2010
Visit site
1xRTT is what it's showing I'm connected to, which I'm guessing is in fact 1X, which is horribly slow.

Last edited: