Get out of contract.

Star-Lord

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I saw the title of the thread, but how does that stop me from commenting? I'm still under a contract regardless.

I pay under $200 for 4 lines unlimited everything. No other company could touch that. Honestly, its even worse complaining about service while off contract. Why continue to pay for it if you don't like the service? Move on so you can stop complaining about it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I'm ON contract. Why shouldn't people complain? People are paying money for service that Sprint needs to desperately improve on. But of course Sprint purists will defend them because of unlimited data.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I saw the title of the thread, but how does that stop me from commenting? I'm still under a contract regardless.

I'm ON contract. Why shouldn't people complain? People are paying money for service that Sprint needs to desperately improve on. But of course Sprint purists will defend them because of unlimited data.

I'm not a "Sprint purist" I just get good service, and have everywhere I have traveled in the country. If you're on contract then Mikey's question remains, how was your service the last time you signed? Sprint IS improving their service. My point is, why complain about a service you willingly pay for? You might as well be pissing in the wind. Break your contract and move on if you think its that bad

Reactions: Mikey47

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

In no way would it stop you, nor would I ever suggest anyone stop posting. You were calling me "desperate" for assuming you were trying to get out if your contract and I was merely pointing out this thread is about trying to get out of a contract. It is merely a very safe assumption, not a "desperate" one.

Again, same as above, you can complain all you want! I just find this akin to people who bought a house near train tracks or an airport and now complain about the noise. If the service is truly that terrible you can pay an ETF, try to get the ETF waived, or wait until your contract is up.

I'm not saying you did, but I find it amazing how many people have upgraded to this phone knowing LTE in their area is not a sure thing anytime soon, and then start complaining about 3G speeds.

Reactions: crzycrkr

thomasr1950

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

How do you get 4lines for less than $200?

RyDawgBoston

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I called Sprint and asked them to explain what premium data is. She stated it was unlimited fast 3g, 4g wimax, and lte.

I got neither and my phone was always roaming. Sprint couldn't provide, so they let me out of my 2 month contract... plain and simple. They were nice about it.

I went to AT&T with the GS3 and the speeds are phenomenal and haven't had a problem in 2 months.

I might pay a tad more for data service, but I am happy and not frustrated anymore. No more embarrassment. Best choice ever.

Star-Lord

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a "Sprint purist" I just get good service, and have everywhere I have traveled in the country. If you're on contract then Mikey's question remains, how was your service the last time you signed? Sprint IS improving their service. My point is, why complain about a service you willingly pay for? You might as well be pissing in the wind. Break your contract and move on if you think its that bad

My service was great when I signed on them last time. I hardly ever had a problem with data connecting and staying connected. I complain because A. I'm under contract and B. because I feel cheated. It's not my fault Sprint made stupid decisions in the beginning in a rush to be the first 4G provider in the US and for not keeping their network upgraded. I shouldn't have to break my contract and pay Sprint a fee because of service I am not getting.

In no way would it stop you, nor would I ever suggest anyone stop posting. You were calling me "desperate" for assuming you were trying to get out if your contract and I was merely pointing out this thread is about trying to get out of a contract. It is merely a very safe assumption, not a "desperate" one.

I thought you were assuming I just signed a contract with Sprint for an LTE phone in an area without LTE. That wasn't true at all.

Again, same as above, you can complain all you want! I just find this akin to people who bought a house near train tracks or an airport and now complain about the noise. If the service is truly that terrible you can pay an ETF, try to get the ETF waived, or wait until your contract is up.

I still have a bit of time on my contract, so paying an ETF is out the question along with waiting. You get good service, fine. Stop trying to assume that everyone automatically gets good service and that Sprint has no problems with their network.

I'm not saying you did, but I find it amazing how many people have upgraded to this phone knowing LTE in their area is not a sure thing anytime soon, and then start complaining about 3G speeds.

I didn't upgrade to the phone, I bought it off contract. I am not expecting LTE service, I am expecting the PREMIUM service that Sprint is charging me for with the $10 surcharge. Nowhere in my posts did I ever complain about Sprint not having LTE and me getting the phone because of it. Have you forgotten that LTE is just a feature and that Sprint actually has a 3G network they should have improved first?

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I called Sprint and asked them to explain what premium data is. She stated it was unlimited fast 3g, 4g wimax, and lte.

I got neither and my phone was always roaming. Sprint couldn't provide, so they let me out of my 2 month contract... plain and simple. They were nice about it.

I went to AT&T with the GS3 and the speeds are phenomenal and haven't had a problem in 2 months.

I might pay a tad more for data service, but I am happy and not frustrated anymore. No more embarrassment. Best choice ever.

Sorry it didn't work out for you on Sprint, but glad you were able to find a place where it did work out.

Just curious about your "2 month contract". Do you mean you were 2 months into your contract, or 2 months away from being done with your contract?

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

If you can't get ANY Sprint signal in your normal areas (home/work) because there is simply no coverage then yes, that is a valid reason they will let you out of a contract. They will usually verify it is true based on coverage maps.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you can't get ANY Sprint signal in your normal areas (home/work) because there is simply no coverage then yes, that is a valid reason they will let you out of a contract. They will usually verify it is true based on coverage maps.

That's still tricky because they will most likely give you one of the AirRave models so it works in your house.

That said, if people's coverage in places is as bad as they say it is (and I do believe them), I would pay the ETF and be done with it. I don't see how paying money every month for something you can't use is better than paying a one time ETF and going to another character where you'll be happy.

And if the ETF is too steep for you, and it sounds harsh, but you probably shouldn't be getting yourself locked into such contracts then. Sure, you won't have access to the latest and greatest phones for a couple hundred bucks, but a lower end working phone is better than the fanciest one that doesn't work.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
That's still tricky because they will most likely give you one of the AirRave models so it works in your house.

Possibly. It depends on the situation. I have heard of those being offered, but I don't think that would be a requirement. Not terribly useful, either, if a larger area were under no signal (couldn't go to neighbors two doors down, couldn't walk around the block, etc)

RyDawgBoston

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Sorry it didn't work out for you on Sprint, but glad you were able to find a place where it did work out.

Just curious about your "2 month contract". Do you mean you were 2 months into your contract, or 2 months away from being done with your contract?
Thanks! So far so good and its a good feeling to not have to depend on WiFi hotspots to get data. Now my Lte is faster than WiFi.

I was with Sprint for 7 years. I signed a new contract to get the Evo Lte and kept getting bad phones with bad reception. My old?Evo had great service, but wanted a new phone and lte.

Sprint had told me they were working on the new network vision towers and would be finished in 2013. That was not acceptable and they let me leave. They did offer me 3 months of service waived, but I cared more about service and needed my phone for business. I was getting texts 3 days later and phone was roaming everywhere. Their customer service was great.

The only thing I will miss is this evo forum and a great group of people. :)

Antwonizzle

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! So far so good and its a good feeling to not have to depend on WiFi hotspots to get data. Now my Lte is faster than WiFi.

I was with Sprint for 7 years. I signed a new contract to get the Evo Lte and kept getting bad phones with bad reception. My old?Evo had great service, but wanted a new phone and lte.

Sprint had told me they were working on the new network vision towers and would be finished in 2013. That was not acceptable and they let me leave. They did offer me 3 months of service waived, but I cared more about service and needed my phone for business. I was getting texts 3 days later and phone was roaming everywhere. Their customer service was great.

The only thing I will miss is this evo forum and a great group of people. :)

Who did you talk to to get out of the contract? I have been complaining about my EVO LTE since I got it and they kepp telling me Im screwed and their opinion of a "suitable data speed" may be lower than mine. That was supposedly a manager in escalations that told me that. She pretty much told me there is nothing they can do for me and I just gotta wait out the network improvements. What a crock of sh*t, I'm so pissed off at sprint right now :mad:

Oh and btw I constantly get .05Mbps

thomasr1950

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar experience with a manager in escalations, retentions or some one at Sprint. My issue was they took away my 25% business discount. I was not entitled to it. I agree, no problem. However they didn't give me any notice. Now i'm fighting with them that my bill increased due to the loss of the discount & it's too dam.. high now. The took the discount away during my agreement. I don't think that's legal.

jem286

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Load a verzion prl and use that constantly till sprint ask you to take your service elsewhere use a lot of data and you will be off in a month or have good speeds till they kick you off

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Antwonizzle

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Load a verzion prl and use that constantly till sprint ask you to take your service elsewhere use a lot of data and you will be off in a month or have good speeds till they kick you off

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Care to elaborate? Never heard of this before

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site

That would be violating the terms of service by allowing the Sprint phone to prefer to use Verizon towers instead of Sprint towers. It would end up costing Sprint a lot of money because roaming costs are not passed on to the phone user and Sprint has to pay it.

It is of limited use because Sprint phones will already roam to Verizon towers when needed. Also it only works with voice and extremely slow 1xRTT data (1G, not 2G or 3G or 4G). The cases where it is useful would be if you are consistently in an area with barely a Sprint signal, but there is a strong Verizon signal, which drains your battery or causes the phone to constant switch in and out of roaming.

Verizon also roams to Sprint towers and has the same terms of service for its customers for the same reason.

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

Basically Sprint gets mad when you roam too much and they have kicked people, ETF free, for it. It's something like over 300mb of data per month for a couple months. I don't remember the amount of voice minutes they start getting annoyed with.

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch