Set contact back to default tone?

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I have changed a couple of my contacts in my phone to have a special ring only for them but my question is if I want to select it back to default ringtone does anyone know how to do this?

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Good question.

Of course you can choose your default ringtone but then anytime you change your default you then have to go ahead and change each contact as well.

I'd like to know the answer too :)

Hammer9274

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to just open the contact and select ringtone and select default tone. I would think the default means the ringtone that you have chosen for the phone.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
When u open contact and select ringtone there is no option to put back to default ringtone. Am I missing something?

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

top magoo

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
on mine, the default is called "sense", i haven't changed any of my ringtones from stock. i bet you'll have to find what your actual ringtone is, and select it from the list.

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Only the default ringtone is working on my phone since the update despite my settings for individual ringtones. Anyone else?

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

fee dee cat

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I am also having problem since update that my personalized ringtones no longer work. Contacts have all defaulted back to original ringtone and can't be changed. Anyone have fix for this?????

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

yocubed

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I am also having problem since update that my personalized ringtones no longer work. Contacts have all defaulted back to original ringtone and can't be changed. Anyone have fix for this?????

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

This is a well known issue since the recent update and reports are that HTC and Sprint are actively working on a fix for it but no word on a timeline for it.