Lost personalized ringers!

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
So I updated my HTC evo 4g lte yesterday and have a lot of personalized ring tones. When people were calling today all ringing one tone my default ring tone. The contacts still have ringers next to name but not working very unhappy with HTC and sprint right now major problems all day every day...

Yeah. This is a bug with the update. Hopefully, they fix it soon.

deeiam

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I just spent over 2 hours on the phone. First with Sprint, then with HTC, and then back to sprint. Sprint blames it on the htc update. That was after having me check a few things that did NOTHING. HTC had me do a few things. Uninstall the one app I used for ringtones, download a new app, and ringtone, save it to contact and NOTHING. My poor daughter was getting tired of me having her call me to check if it saved.

HTC had me then do a hard reset. Claimed that it would fix any error in the update. Downloaded another app and ringtone, saved it and still NOTHING. She sent me back to Sprint.

Of course Sprint tries the line of bullcrap about not providing support for 3rd party apps, even though I couldn't get one of their stupid songs saved.

I now have to take it into a store, where they supposedly can uninstall or remove the update and redo it and supposedly, miraculously according to "Peggy" in Siberia, my ringtones will work.

I urge you all to call regarding this issue, or they will NOT fix this update.

Reactions: Cyrene

deeiam

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Tried to post this problem on sprint.com, which decided to "undergo maintenance" as I hit publish. Will try again, retyping the entire post of course. Grr.

Update - posted. I'll try and get a Sprint rep to acknowledge and report.

Yet another update - response from a Sprint rep who checked with their product dev team:

Here's hoping that MR hits "soon."

I guess it just depends on who you talk to. 2 people I talked to don't know squat about it.

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I was unaware this feature was still popular. I haven't gave every personalized ring tones since like high school.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I was unaware this feature was still popular. I haven't gave every personalized ring tones since like high school.

What year did you graduate? 2011? :p

This is more than just a "fun" feature. It helps to know if it's the boss calling, or suppliers, etc.

moe300

May 17, 2011
Visit site

As Mikey said, it is a useful feature. Quis, when I was in high school we didn't have cellular phones, and we used cb radios. I like to know if a customer is calling, or someone I have assigned a ringtone to is calling, without having to look at the phone. HTC needs to get this fixed, because it is VERY annoying. Everyone needs to email them so they get it fixed ASAP!

perfect_jab

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I have tried multiple times to fix this issue and talked to countless reps on the htc and sprint side and everyone says its not out yet. One suggestion was to use Phone instead of google in your contacts and that might allow custom ringtones. Didn't work for me so *shrugs*

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Lost personal ringers is not my only issue right now (I think I have a bad SD card) but just the other day my phone reverted back to the stock ringtone and it drives me nuts every time I hear it. How an anyone stand that?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power