Headphone icon in notification bar

xbrebrex

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
shut phone,, take a qutip, dip in rubbing alcohol, squeeze out any excess off the qutip,, insert into headphones jack and turn a few times,,, allow to dry for 5 mins (just in case) and turn on. I have fixed this same issue in many different smartphones with this method .

Sent from my evo 4g lte

oh my gosh thank you so much it worked in seconds

Hansen Dotillos

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
The plug of my headset when the wire broke off then I can't remove it so pls help me :( the plug is stuck and the wire broke off what should i do pls help!!!!!:(

lea tho

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Yes you are a fing genius some times online we dont realize how much we help folks thanks IT WORKS FAST ZENFONE 2 dipped in water ALL GOOD NOW

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
The headphone jack has a small switch that is for detecting a headphone. If this switch got jammed, due to dirt or something, the phone may show the icon even after unplugging the headphone. This happened on an old HTC phone of mine, and i noticed this phone has the same swtich.

Take a look into the jack and very carefully try cleaning it. This might be covered by Sprint and they might hook you up with a new phone if there is a problem when you plug in a headphone.

Thank you. Same thing happened to my phone (2 year olds lol). Blew in it, icon away. Sound working again, thank you! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Billsbytchy

Nov 17, 2016
Visit site
My daughter's phone has the headphone icon showing in the notification bar; however, no headphones are connected. I have no idea how to remove it from the notification bar or why it is there. Help please.

I have same problem did you get yours fixed if do what did you do

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have same problem did you get yours fixed if do what did you do

Welcome to Android Central! You're quoting a post that's more than 3 years old, so the OP is unlikely to respond -- just thought you should know.

Did you already read through the various suggestions in this thread?

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
My son had the same problem. I did all of the methods listed, but it didn't work. I thought maybe it had some snow inside, so I put it on the heater for a few minutes. And soon after it was gone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How to solve hedphone symbol samsung g361h

Welcome to Android Central! You're asking about a different device, so you may want to create a new thread for your question. Make sure you include more detail than what you wrote here.

Whatever25273

Mar 23, 2017
Visit site
My daughter's phone has the headphone icon showing in the notification bar; however, no headphones are connected. I have no idea how to remove it from the notification bar or why it is there. Help please.

This happen today to me.. Reason was i sat down at the park and the sprinkles turned on and got a little water in my phone.. Turned off and clean the jack and that was it!!

Cleatus5812

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
I have a Lg Treasure and tried the apps suggsted and the Qtip idea. None of these worked I tried to blow in the aux port hoping that would help still nothing. I plugged in the headphones and than unplugged and the icon still stays does anyone have a different idea I could test? Thank you for any help

Mannir

Aug 30, 2017
Visit site
Gud, i will do so, becouse im having this problem too, with my techno phantom 6, im just see the sign in my notifications bar, a try to restart my phone, but still is there,
But let me try clining it to see,

Mannir

Aug 30, 2017
Visit site
Ofcouse sometime if your phone show this sign, the problem is from that small hole, try clining it with a very clen Cotton, it will disappear instantlly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae