Headphone port and static

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
When using earphones (of any kind) I hear a LOT of static, but only when on the internet. I had this issue since launch, but it mostly died down after the first update, but now it is back and worse. It doesn't happen if I'm listening to downloaded music. I can adjust the level of static when turning it in its port, and when there is nothing playing I can hear static when I wiggle it around. Here is the really odd thing...when I was doing this wiggling, there was nothing playing, I pulled the jack out just slightly and pushed it back in. As soon as I pushed it back in the voice dialer pops up. It did this each and every time. Does this sound like there is something wrong in the grounding? Why does this static only happen when streaming? It is worse when I have my tpu case off. There is absolutely nothing else wrong with my phone, so I don't want to be trading it in over this. I bought it at best buy, but would sprint still service it? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!
Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2 from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

AFR_NY

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but I don't hear this static, even when doing what your are describing.

Have you heard this on different set of headphones?

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Here is the upshot. Factory reset my phone thinking it was a software issue cuz no static when listening to anything on my SD card. That didn't work. Took it into sprint and of course, it sounded perfect. He suggested it could be that my wifi is overloaded and he was right. Sounds perfect when streaming off 3G. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Billseagles

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I am having same issues with sound. It does not matter what headphones I use. Its only present when streaming audio. The best way I can describe this noise... Sounds like someone sending morse code. Im sure it's happening all the time but its mostly heard between songs , soft music or low points in songs etc...or when the stations are talking. Been searching for a fix. This began about 4 / 5 weeks ago getting pretty annoying. I have rebooted/ reset phone 2 x still no better. Having other issues as well, like slow Internet...wifi is faster response than 4g.. Makes me :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463