Alarm Clock is no longer dependable.

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I use my the native alarm clock to wake me up in the morning, but on more than one occasion its left me out to dry. I'll set multiple alarms and nothing.

Anyone else having this issue?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
No issues here either. I have different alarms for different days through out the week and so far it has been perfect.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

evang07

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Are you using any task killers?

Sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk

Yes, this could be culprit. When I first bought my og Evo I used a Task killer for the first week or two and learned quickly that it would kill the clock app and unless I opened up the app again before going to bed, it wouldn't go off.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

jpits45

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here and no Task Killer. The alarm just stopped working two days ago. Probably some app update. Thankfully I use a back up alarm since this has happened before.

I got them working again by deleting all my set alarms and recreating them.

Last edited:

rahvee

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
When you set your alarm, make sure the icon appears in the status bar. If it doesn't, you need to go manage applications / and delete data from the alarm clock app. And obviously try again.

84guy

May 25, 2010
Visit site
if unchecking and rechecking fixes it. are you sure you have it on repeat? pretty sure when you add an alarm it defaults to the next time only. and you have to edit the repeat

Attachments

• 2013-01-08_19-15-10.png
    2013-01-08_19-15-10.png
    172.1 KB · Views: 80

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
My alarm is not dependable. No task killers. Set to repeat. It might play one note then turn itself off. Factory reset did not fix the issue.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
No problems with mine. I have it set to wake me up 3 times every morning, Mon-Fri. Never failed. I even have one that I set almost every Saturday morning to go fishing.

w5cyc

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, I'm sure broadcastjunkie will slam me for getting off topic, but I might suggest this: If you get up at the same time on certain days, you can always use Tasker to play a song or make a noise based on a calendar entry. This is what I use for my morning alarms. When I know I'm not going to need to wake up to an alarm on a given day, I simply delete that day's calendar entry in Google, then I don't have to worry about turning the alarm back on after the day I skip. Works well for me. SVOX's UK English Victoria wakes me up every morning with a custom message.

bpdamas

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't have any issues either but I would suggest Alarm Clock Plus. It seems to be more reliable than the stock alarm app and I have never had an issue with this app for the past 3 phones. I am not normally the one to post an answer to a question you didn't ask (like are there any good alarm clock apps), but this might solve your issue and put your mind at ease.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech