Browser keeps closing and reverting to phone's home screen

geomatrix

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I usually say whenever there's been unexpected issues with any phone, such as this one, an update has already been cooked up and is coming out the oven. Wishful thinking

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

annov2

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
It use to happen before the previous update which was reported to contain a fix for it but in actuality, it got worst. The only fix I found to work is not to browse in desktop view. I found it to work in mobile view but that sucks as a lot of the sites I visit don't allow mobile view. Come on HTC.

tybo31316

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem but I though it was a problem with the Rom I am running. I got with the dev he said he don't use the stock browser so he doesn't know if it happens. sounds like most of you all are stock unrooted so it has to be something with the latest 2.13 update.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Exact same problem here! Yahoo, Google and even sprint.com close. No FC messages or anything else. Only the stock browser does it, though, not Dolphin. All of this has been since the last update. And after the update I did a factory reset, so I haven't re-installed Chrome.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine recently started doing this also and it is frequent.... And now the latest update messed up my individual ringtones which I rely on to know who is calling without looking at the screen. The Phone also lags. I hate to admit it but I think this phone has been a disappointment

My phone went to crap shortly after the update where it would lag, it would take 20-30 seconds for the messaging app or contacts app to load, it wouldn't auto search filling in the "To:"field, etc.

I did a factory reset and everything is back to normal now. It's kind of a pain to get your homescreens re-setup and all the apps back the way I like them, but the phone is back to being usable again. Might want to give that a shot.

flyhighx

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
The issue of the browser force closing is not limited to the HTC evo 4G lte. It is also not limited to the stock browser. There are similar threads to this in many different device forums and across lots of different browsers. I'm having this same problem on my tablet as well which is where another big thread about this issue is. It seems like an android or flash problem.

Evox3

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I have been having the same problem. Spoke with Sprint went through diagnosis and troubleshooting. They advised replacing. Took the phone back to Best Buy since it is still within the 30 day return window. Got a brand new one straight out of the box, same issue. I called Sprint back and was able to get them to recreate the issue in their advanced tech support. Sprint got HTC invloved, said this is the first they have heard about the issue. Both escalated tickets, call backs for 24-48 hours. Keep you posted......

glenninduluth

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
For what its worth "First we have heard of this problem" are famous lines from Sprint tech support:) I'm sure they are getting a ton of calls on this.

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
For what its worth "First we have heard of this problem" are famous lines from Sprint tech support:) I'm sure they are getting a ton of calls on this.

Yea the sprint reps are usually either lying when it comes to problems and there fix is always replacing new phone which pissed me off. That doesn't solve anything. Either that or there plainly just stupid. This problem is really starting to annoy the sh** out of me. I can't read any news articles or ant website for that matter

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

glenninduluth

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Since the problem started I have been using the Dolphin Browser. I figured it would be a temporary thing until they had a fix for the stock browser. Well, after using Dolphin for about a week now I can honestly say I may not go back to the stock browser even when it is fixed. Dolphin is faster, supports flash and has a very easy to use and clean layout.

emanuelm123

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I to get the fc but no fc msg just goes to home screen, so started using dolphin and well I guess ima just use this now, simple fix for me

Sent from my EVO LTE

tybo31316

May 9, 2011
Visit site
On xda one of the devs looked into the issue because he thought it was a Rom issue but when he looked at his logcat he says that its a java error on certain websites that you would visit.

top magoo

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
i have yet to have chrome force close on me. i haven't used the stock browser in about a month, it never closed when i used it either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech