Lack of representation

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
First off I don't even have one of these yet because I'm waiting on a few other releases, but I have noticed that this phone is never mentioned on AC. Not did sprint advertise it at all. Every commercial is for the One X. Essentially this IS the One X. I can't imagine any updates to that phone are going to mean updates to this one.

Evil Evo

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, they ran one ad for it and didn't air it too much. As far as updates go since the internals of the One X and the Evo LTE are basically identicle it's easy to make an update for the Evo after doing one for the One X. Will we get it at the same time? No. Will we get the update, yes.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

jscholz22

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I would disagree with your comment on Sprint advertisement. The first two months the phone came out there were numerous commercials that featured the phone. My girlfriend would always comment "there's my phone." As for AC.....there are tons of phones out there, I'm not shocked. When they refer to One X I automatically group the Evo LTE into it.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
First off I don't even have one of these yet because I'm waiting on a few other releases, but I have noticed that this phone is never mentioned on AC. Not did sprint advertise it at all. Every commercial is for the One X. Essentially this IS the One X. I can't imagine any updates to that phone are going to mean updates to this one.

* AC mentioned it several times when it was new, it isn't new and so it isn't mentioned as much now.

* I have seen the advertisements on TV for the Sprint Evo LTE several times over the last few months, even just a few days ago.

* It is a Sprint-only phone, so you are not going to see as much press for it as you will for the One X or Galaxy 3.

* There are lots and lots and lots of phone models out there. And it seems there is a new model every few weeks.

* It is very likely that any update for the One X will also hit the Evo LTE.... usually with some delay.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I see the commercial all the time for the past 3 months. I see it at least 4 time's a week.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

SpencerHTC

May 25, 2012
Visit site
The evo commercials are pretty garbage.

Sent from my EVO

Agreed. It's like they don't even advertise the fact that this phone has a really fast processor, or has an HD screen, or any other feature this phone has. Then again, the average consumer in the smartphone market is half ed anyway.

Magman007

May 12, 2012
Visit site
The evo should be well supported by sprint, being the first phone with HD voice and such is a big deal for sprint. Its still their flagship, even if the S3 and IP5 are available. If HTC gets an update out for the one x, the evo damn sure should get it too.

BroadcastJunkie

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Ya, we can all agree, they have advertised the phone. poorly, and then when they ran another commercial it was the same thing as the first, but they change the black evo to a white one. I don't think anything was really mention in it, but the fact that it had a kickstand... well thats all i took from it

mike31082

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I hate to agree, but as far as the carriers go it seems the S3 and the iPhone are their top flagship devices that are advertised the most. As far as AC goes though I can understand the lack of news because its not really a new phone.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
i guess we could have used this girl to promote the evo Palm Pre Commericial Reincarnation - YouTube

OMG, don't remind us. That was just spooky stuff. What ever went through their minds? Makes you wonder if they were TRYING to make the Pre fail.

DisplacedMic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
what the hell is a commercial?

i thought everybody either had DVR or had done away with cable tv altogether.
i refuse to pay for something that is going to be 1/3 advertisement.