Cracked Screen Help!!

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how Sprint works with a damaged phone? I have a brand new(3 weeks) Evo LTE and when getting out of my work van, it fell............You continue the rest, LOL. I have the insurance that I pay like $10 a month but just didn't know how this will work out. Will I have to pay a deductable or not? Thanks for your help!!:eek:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Most likely no deductible, they may even fix screens. If by some reason they want to give you a refurb say no. Tell them you either want them to fix it or you can send it to htc, they will fix it for free.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Or buy a screen and do it yourself. I just installed a brand new screen with digitizer on my daughters iphone 4.i watched a YouTube video to learn how and boom,, done.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Wrap that new one in an otterbox defender. It has already saved mine on multiple occasions. I'm a police officer so I'm constantly in and out of the car which inevitably results in drops from time to time. I also have replaced my own screen on the og evo which was surprisingly easy. Would probably be a little more difficult on the LTE though given its thin profile and non removable battery.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

smgoma

May 16, 2010
Visit site
If you have the Sprint insurance you will pay a deductible to replace the phone, which goes from $100 to $150 TOMORROW. So file your claim today if you are going to.

TrueDrooid

May 22, 2010
Visit site
that 150 deductible has already been in play I believe since June! maybe even sooner.
I know because I just filed a claim on my LTEvo last week. Asurion $150 hit.

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
We agree with Zmann. Save your money by doing the labor your self and do not buy a new phone. You can replace the damaged parts and our Youtube videos are also available on our website to help you. We have everything you will need: parts,tools, repair guides,and FREE tech support. feel free to chat with us live for immediate assistance at http://www.RepairsUniverse.com

Last edited:

chingwodapigu

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
When I dropped my OG EVO with no insurance and cracked the screen, I was going to replace the screen myself, but I went into the Sprint store and they replaced the screen and the side bezel/frame for only $35. I believe the $35 is a flat fee because my old treo also was fixed for the same amount. Took them 2 hours to do the repair. The phone looked like new (other than my old back cover which was still on). That is cheaper than just buying the parts and trying to do it myself. Do yourself a favor and go to the Sprint Store and ask them how much it would cost to fix. Having them fix it was also cheaper than having the $10/mo insurance and then paying the deductable. I would never waste my money on the insurance. Make sure the store you go to can do in house repairs...many of the smaller stores don't.

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Most likely no deductible, they may even fix screens. If by some reason they want to give you a refurb say no. Tell them you either want them to fix it or you can send it to htc, they will fix it for free.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

This is so not true, lol.

They wont fix it...there will be a deductible of $150. Sure you can go the HTC route but for physical damage they wont replace it for free either as physical damage is NOT a manufacturers warranty defect...

---------- Post Merged at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Oh...and there is about a 90% chance it will be a refurb going through Sprint. Just wanting to set the correct expectations for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech