Phone does not call after clicking contact.

riccowboy

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem. I click on a name from my contacts list, it acts like it is going to dial the number, but it never does.

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Seems things have been wonky with anything pulling info from 'People' since the update. Its driving me effin nuts!

Sent from ASUS Transformer TF101 while my EVO 4G LTE charges. Sleep tight sweet prince, for tomorrow you'll do big things!

ncfanboy

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here takes a really long time after clicking a contact to call the number

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Mine works the same as it always did. Tap on a name and THEN tap on the number to call. It then instantly dials the number.

HTC EVO 4G LTE

Cadenz

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm experiencing this same problem. But it's the lag in opening texts that is most inconvenient for me. I tried deleting all texts on my phone but it still lags.

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Mine works the same as it always did. Tap on a name and THEN tap on the number to call. It then instantly dials the number.

HTC EVO 4G LTE

Good for you.... Unfortunately, this comment does nothing to help those with the lag.

I have the lag as well... If you click the person and just wait it does call them. Just not instantly like before.

mrhankey184

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Same issue here...ever since the update the phone randomly lags out for at least a minute or two. Phone calls text ect. This has to get fixed asap. More annoying than the multitasking b.s.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Good for you.... Unfortunately, this comment does nothing to help those with the lag.

I have the lag as well... If you click the person and just wait it does call them. Just not instantly like before.

We have 4 (four) HTC 4G LTE phones in our family.

We use the HTC People Widget for most dialing and it, of course, dials instantly.

In my post I gave the two steps we use when starting with the People app. It was meant to be a helpful post. I'm sorry if it upset you.

Sent from my Asus Nexus 7 tablet.

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
We have 4 (four) HTC 4G LTE phones in our family.

We use the HTC People Widget for most dialing and it, of course, dials instantly.

In my post I gave the two steps we use when starting with the People app. It was meant to be a helpful post. I'm sorry if it upset you.

Sent from my Asus Nexus 7 tablet.

You did not upset me. However, telling people the obvious on how to work the people widget is not going to help with the issue at hand.

I am glad your family doesn't have to deal with it, but there is a very real bug with the people widget since the last update.

ThisIsShellz

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
YES!!!! My phone keeps doing this and I'm having a problem accessing my texts! It stays on "loading" it is extremely annoying and I hope to never be in an emergency. This phone is really pissing me off...

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
You did not upset me. However, telling people the obvious on how to work the people widget is not going to help with the issue at hand.

I am glad your family doesn't have to deal with it, but there is a very real bug with the people widget since the last update.

Attacking someone who tries to be helpful is in itself not helpful.

You might be forgetting that some folks that come to a forum for help may not be as expert as you apparently are.

HTC EVO 4G LTE

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm not attacking you.

Its just not hard to figure out how to work the people widget and stating that you do not have this new bug, while great for you, doesn't solve the problem.

Back on topic:

I do not know what is causing the lag, but it will dial the person you select it just varies on the response time. I had at one point thought it was due to google voice since it is set up to ask me if I want to use it or not....but even after disabling that the lag persists.

SirThale

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I've had this issue since before the last update (just the calls - I haven't seen, or at least noticed, the lag opening texts), and it's continued since the update. I have also found that it will call eventually if you wait long enough, without tapping it again. This happens to me from within contacts, using shortcuts to quick dial individuals, and using the HTC people widget. Don't remember if it does it when actually dialing a number, as I do that rarely. :)

What's even more annoying is if I don't notice that the tap was recognized by the phone, and I tap again, when it eventually places the call it will place the call twice, as if I flashed right after dialing the number the 1st time - so the person's phone rings from the 1st call (and they answer, and nobody's there), and I hear the audio (voicemail) from the 2nd attempt to call the same number.

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
What's even more annoying is if I don't notice that the tap was recognized by the phone, and I tap again, when it eventually places the call it will place the call twice, as if I flashed right after dialing the number the 1st time - so the person's phone rings from the 1st call (and they answer, and nobody's there), and I hear the audio (voicemail) from the 2nd attempt to call the same number.

That's happened to me too! I'll end up in a phone conference with my girlfriend and her voicemail.

Sent from ASUS Transformer TF101 via Android Central Forums App.

ncfanboy

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
The strange thing is that it does not happen all the time once I call a few numbers it seems to dial immediately for a bit not sure what's going on.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums

benga

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
It's really annoying! The only time the phone app works as it should is when I restart the phone. But after I've used multiple apps, I have to wait sometimes 20 seconds for it to activate a call. lol and sometimes a conference call with the same person.

...that's y I mainly use Voice now for calls. It's quicker, the interface kinda sux, but at least it WORKS.

lenny425

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Have had this same problem with 2 Droids. My "new" Razr is the one giving me problems now. Press contact to call, nothing happens. As others have said, all of a sudden, I find myself on conference call with myself as the phone dials the call as many times as a button/contact was pressed. Reboot, seems to help - but only for the next immediate call. Have read on a forum here, a few seconds ago that the call log may help. Cleared the log and it seems to dial now without lag. Will need to follow up study on this issue, along with the many many other issues this Razr phone has. In a similar vein, pressing the voice commands does nothing for many many seconds and up to a minute of waiting. It announces "please wait" at it's leisure, but nothing happens and then finally the command section comes up. But almost none of the commands are recognized, it randomly get;s it right, or only hears voicemail or playlist. So looking for help there too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante