Bluetooth headaches...

DisplacedMic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,
One thing that always bugged me with my EVO 4g was the finicky bluetooth... it is FAR better with my LTEvo but it's still frustrating at times.

I have an FM transmitter bluetooth speaker for my car. It lets me make handfree calls with the car stereo as the audio and it lets me listen to music through my speakers.

Almost every time I turn it on it connects to my phone no problem, but i almost always have to go into settings and turn Media on and off again before it will work. Sometimes i have to reboot the phone.

Is there a work around for this?

ON the 4G i would have to do this repeatedly - often times having to reboot.
on the LTE USUALLY i can get it to work on the first try, but i'd still prefer it just work.

I remember someone on the forum talking about an app that will force your bluetooth settings but i had no luck searching.

It will say connected, both to phone and audio and music will appear to be playing on winamp (or whatever player i'm using) but no sound will come out of the phone, speaker or car speakers.

more over it obviously knows it's connected to BT because the volume buttons change bt media as opposed to phone media..

any help would be most appreciated - thanks!

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I use Bluetooth everyday,, not with a car but with stereo headphones. As soon as I turn them on both phone then media instantly connect. It wish I had an answer for you. Think it maybe the cars Bluetooth?

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I connect to my car via bt everyday without issue.

I use to have problems connecting my EVO Shift until I performed a factory reset, though your issue seems different and i'd leave that as a last resort.

Sorry I could be of much help. Best of luck!

Sent from EVO 4G L(a)TE

DisplacedMic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
So it sounds like the problem could be the bt device as opposed to the phone?

I actually hadn't considered that... Because the phone audio works but not the media. However there's no reason why that means it HAS to be the phone and not the device. I'll explore this

Thanks!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

DisplacedMic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
do you mean connect my phone to my laptop or my laptop the bluetooth device?

the tricky thing is the "problem" is inconsistent - usually it works the first time but after that it's hit or miss.

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I was saying to connect the phone to your laptop and see if you have any errors. From there it wouldn't be a bad idea to connect your bt device to your laptop and check for errors. If everything is in harmony.... Bring it to Sprint and tell them to connect it.

Sent from EVO 4G L(a)TE

kernels

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I have same problem with my car. Most of the time the bluetooth works just fine connecting both phone and media but every once in awhile just the phone connects. I have had this problem with both Droid 2 and Samsung Galaxy Nexus and drive a Hyundai Sonata. Even though Ive had this with two different phones both are Android and still gotta believe its the way Android works with BT.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar