Best Place to Purchase an Evo LTE for an upgrade on a line

cstam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My Fiancee loves my Evo LTE and her line is ready for an upgrade on our family plan in a week. Where is the best place to buy said phone on an upgrade? The best I've found is wirefly friends and family for $139.99. I got on the $119.99 deal shortly after it came out so I know places fluctuate and whatever I find now might not be the same deal in a week. But I thought I'd ask anyway to see where people have gotten them recently.
Thanks in advance!

FYI, here's the wirefly link: HTC EVO 4G LTE for Sprint - Wirefly Friends and Family Store

kitster

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Just posted this a couple of days ago - but I think it answers your question as well.
I am a Costco member and saw this while in the store over the weekend. Online and
in-store.. HTC Evo 4G LTE - 99 bucks. Black and White.
HTC EVO

PLUS - Costco will reimburse your $36 "upgrade" fee that Sprint hits you with. Plus
free shipping. 90-days return policy. Lastly, you get a free accessory pack. It is a HUGE
bargain. I am going Monday (they first day I am eligible for an upgrade) and getting one
for me and one for the wife.

I realize you have to be a member - but the money you save far outweigh the cost
of membership ($55). So, you are almost getting a free membership with some of
the money you save.

Good luck!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Great deal over at Costco. Have you checked Amazon? If you want to walk in a store and make a purchase Radio Shack or Best Buy are great.

smokin221

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Best buy will price match Amazons price at least my local one did. I know each one has its own policies. Anyways i got mine for 99 plus they bought my old evo for 50(might have been able more from craigslist or Ebay) i also got the new 3d version of avengers for only 20. Also price matched to Amazon.

cstam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Best buy will price match Amazons price at least my local one did. I know each one has its own policies. Anyways i got mine for 99 plus they bought my old evo for 50(might have been able more from craigslist or Ebay) i also got the new 3d version of avengers for only 20. Also price matched to Amazon.

The upgrade price on Amazon Wireless is still $149.99. And I'd have to pay the activation fee still. So $155 vs $186. Good to know though, I didn't think brick and mortars really price matched online retailers too much.

peakay

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Just posted this a couple of days ago - but I think it answers your question as well.
I am a Costco member and saw this while in the store over the weekend. Online and
in-store.. HTC Evo 4G LTE - 99 bucks. Black and White.

I registered just to say THANK YOU for posting this info. We tried to buy a white EVO in the Sprint store today (interesting side note: to replace my wife's new iphone 5, which she doesn't like -- too small) , but they were out of them. I would have paid $199 + the $36 activation, so finding this via google saved me almost $150.

As for the iPhone? I was going to return it to Apple (bought it on pre-order at midnight), but noticed they are selling for $750 on ebay right now, so I think we are going to burn one of our family account upgrades and sell it for a profit. I should have pre-ordered 3 of them.

Anyway kitster, thanks again for the great tip!

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Try Radio Shack as well. They usually have great prices and sometime will let you do a trade in no matter the phone or carrier. That's how I got the first EVO 4g. I traded in a T-Mobile phone and got $50 off so my EVO was only $49.99. Good luck. You're choosing an awesome device. :thumbup:

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

peakay

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
One mor thing on the costco deal: at no point did the web site ask me for my costco membership. I think even non-costco members can order form there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2