Boot Loop Noooo! :'(

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I had the same boot issue as well a few days after downloading the ring tone fix update. Had to do a factory reset which was really annoying. On the plus side I started with a clean slate but I don't think this should be happening to people who aren't rooted and have never even tried it. Doesn't sit well with my apple loving friends of course also haha.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Add another to the list. My poor girl was at the UCF football game, turned on wifi just to see if it was available, went directly into boot loop. She's calling me from friends phone asking how to fix. She's NOT gonna be happy when I tell her she has to hard reset. Lots of pictures and stuff will be lost. Complete Bull$hit, especially bc of the non-removable battery.

Has absolutely nothing to do with the lack of a quick-swap battery (yes, the battery is replaceable, it takes 5 min). If you removed the battery and reinstalled it, it would enter the boot loop exactly the same way.

And no photos will be lost if they were stored on the SD card they way they should be....

jklaren

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I had the same thing happen to me last week. I was away from home and out and about with family. Got a notification of a new email, tapped to load gmail and it hung. Then went into the infinite boot loop. I happened to be less than a mile from a sprint store so I went in and they did a hard reboot. I don't know what they did, but I tried holding the power button down to no avail. I didn't lose much besides apps settings. All my contacts are synced with google, and my sms are backed up with SMS backup+. The one thing I was worried about was google wallet being bricked because of the reset, however I've tried it and it still works.

smgoma

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Just want to add another data point. Random boot loop started yesterday when I was in Baltimore. Will try reset after I charge it back up.

jeffreymo

May 19, 2011
Visit site
This same exact scenario happened to me a little over a month ago. I had used the phone all day with no issues, then I turned on wi-fi using the stock widget when it went in to continuous boot loop. I ended up getting a replacement phone sent to me a few days later, but this is the 3rd or 4th time I've heard of this happening, so it is obviously more than a coincidence.

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Add me to the Boot Loop Club. This just happened to me yesterday while I was eating dinner at a restaurant. My phone felt hot in my pockets and when I took it out, I noticed it was continuously rebooting. After the restaurant, I went straight to a nearby Sprint Store. The Sprint Rep spent 10 minutes trying to fix it in front of me, but no dice. He told me he would have to do a factory reset and I said fine. He then went to the back, did his thing, flushed the toilet, washed his hands, and brought it back to me factory restored. I was just kidding about the flushing the toilet and washing hand part, of course. That's the only reason I can think of to why they would go to the back. :p

Anyways, just wanted to share my Boot Loop experience. And for those wondering, my phone wasn't rooted.

JManekia

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Add another to the list of random boot loop club, had to do the power/volume combination to do a factory reset. Never been rooted, wasn't doing anything with my phone when that happened. I hope this doesn't happen again or else I'll be looking for another phone.

JL421

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Make it another...I had been having Wi-Fi issues all day at work, then when I stepped out the door...bam reboot loop. I managed to get it to power off for about 15 minutes until I tried it again, and still reboot loop...Never been rooted, and all updates were applied. I ended up holding volume down on one of the times it rebooted, removed the SD card and performed a clear storage from the boot loader.

However it seems happier after that process in general.

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Yup, one more boot loop here. Only way out was factory reset.

Makes me miss my old Palm Treo that had true and easy backup of everything - everything, settings, contacts, apps, data,the works saved on the SD card just hit restore and everything was just as before. Heck, could even swap the card into a new Treo and it was instantly exactly the same as your old one. Ah, the days...

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine randomly restarts a couple of times (mostly when wifi is on), then starts bootlooping :(. Rooted & s-off but using stock ROM. Generally I reset the phone & restore the latest working TWRP backup - I lose a few texts & have to update a few programs, but it seems to run fine after that.

If this happens again, I'm unrooting & returning the phone (it's a shame, because I may not be able to get s-off on a new phone).

fastkx125

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Add another horror story to the boot loop mayhem. I turned on my WiFi and got boot looped. But I had just did a master reset days ago and didn't want to go through it again. So I clicked the recovery option on the boot menu. Major mistake. Lost all my pics. I could cry about that. An entire summer of pics Gone! If anyone has an idea on getting them back drop it here because that would be like winning the lotto to me right now.

wpavlik2

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Add another horror story to the boot loop mayhem. I turned on my WiFi and got boot looped. But I had just did a master reset days ago and didn't want to go through it again. So I clicked the recovery option on the boot menu. Major mistake. Lost all my pics. I could cry about that. An entire summer of pics Gone! If anyone has an idea on getting them back drop it here because that would be like winning the lotto to me right now.
Were you doing the auto upload to your G+ account from your phone? Your pictures may be there. I'm not sure why your reset also wiped out your SD card.

lrn2swim

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
count me in. last week i went to take a pic and the damn thing froze up and went into a boot loop. only way out was factory reset. what's going on here?
btw, stock, not rooted.

parkithere

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Registered to post here and say that this is also happening to me. Not rooted, happened about 2 months ago doing nothing in particular and finally figured out how to get in the bootloader and factory reset. Thought that was the end of it but it started again today after it froze when trying to access my gmail from the unlock screen. Phone has been kept up to date, only have 8-10 apps installed on top of what the phone comes with. I like the phone otherwise, but this is pretty unacceptable and I wonder if getting a replacement would even be worth it if so many people are having the same issue. Way past the 14 day return now, anybody know what options I have for exchanging for a different phone with Sprint. I don't want to factory reset my phone every 2 months.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
If you go into a Sprint annoyed and angry but willing to cooperate, they'll probably replace your evo. Hopefully it's just a software issue, but it could be a specific batch of phones, and if that's the case, than getting a new one might fix the problem.

slope72

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Another endless boot loop here. I was taking a picture and it suddenly rebooted and then proceeded to bootloop all day until it died. Plugged in phone at home and I'm back to bootlooping. Going to have to try a factory reset. :( What's going on with these phones???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid