Are you jelly of Jellybean on the S3?

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I have to admit, I'm jelly of the Sprint S3's jellybean leak... Can only mean that it's coming soon. Meanwhile, we haven't heard a thing about Jellybean for the EVO LTE. We got a glimmer of hope when it was revealed that the One X+ would launch with it, but that's about it. Never woulda thought a year ago that Samsung would be beating us to the punch with updates...

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Well, let's reserve speculation until we see stuff actually happen... who knows what the future will bring.

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Not in a rush for JellyBean, and people who haven't even maxed out the use of ICS on their EVO LTE shouldn't be in a rush for it either......just my $.02

There are people STILL using Gingerbread out there.....imaging how THEY feel about an update!!!

norbz

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
HTC needs to step up n deliver JB asap sg3 has got us EVOdoers beet with their marketing n with the isheep5 out (not that its any challegen to us that know what's up with smartphones)HTC needs this update to stay competitive just sayin

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

geomatrix

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes I'm jealous, but I decided to pick up the EVO over the gs3 because of choice. There's nothing we can do but wait unfortunately. Seems that the tides have definitely turned, cause I remember bout 2 years ago Samsung was horrible with updates and HTC was rolling fairly well but I know they will get it right. I'm said it in another thread, Jelly Bean for Halloween

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
HTC needs to step up n deliver JB asap sg3 has got us EVOdoers beet with their marketing n with the isheep5 out (not that its any challegen to us that know what's up with smartphones)HTC needs this update to stay competitive just sayin

until now Sammy has been lazy with updates, so thats a good thing for people that own those devices, yeah they make cool and funny commercials poking fun at the iphone sheople that I get a kick out of, but the fact remains that their devices feel flimsy and cheap compared to htc imo, as I said earlier I"ll take my better built htc device and get jb later over that rubbish Samsung product

norbz

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Most definitely ill pick my solid EVO over the plastic galaxy 3 or the iphone4s+ anyday of the week

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Has htc fixed the multitasking problem? This was one of the main reasons why i had to part with htc and go with the s3. I do hope htc gets to build the next nexus. They're lcd2 display is the best hands down.

mike31082

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
While I am disappointed, you need to realize that the JB leak for S3 isn't an official release. We don't know exactly when it will official push out stateside.

Also I had read that the One X is rumored to get JB by the end of Oct, plus with the sense 4.1 update it wad about 20 days after the One X received it that the EVO LTE did as well. So we could be looking at JB before thanksgiving IMO. Which isn't all that bad.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Has htc fixed the multitasking problem? This was one of the main reasons why i had to part with htc and go with the s3. I do hope htc gets to build the next nexus. They're lcd2 display is the best hands down.

There was no "fixed" or "broken" because it was not/is not a black and white issue. The problems with apps being pushed out of memory and then "reloading" have been reduced a LOT with the last update which freed up more available memory to the pool and with some other tweaked settings. It is a LOT better now. Probably comparable to my old Evo 3D/Evo 4G.

JobiWan144

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
If you're impatient, you can always root, unlock, and flash CM 10. That's what I was using for about a month before I switched back to a Sense/ICS ROM. If you want to try it, it's a great daily driver.

Then again, what I really want is not having to choose between having my cake (Sense's enhancements) or eating it (Jelly Bean). Can't wait for Sense 4+ to hit the EVO.

Benzter

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes they fixed the multitasking issue in the last update from what I can tell, I hit the home button using an app to go to another and when I go back to the previous it does not kill it off like it notoriously used to.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Lmao about people still harping on the "cheap, plaistic" samsung's. Samsung phones are solid and have been for a long time. Hell, most phones are plastic, including most of HTCs. HTC's build quality gets very over hyped. I love my EVO LTE, but give it a rest beating on Samsung. They make great phones and are dominant. May not be able to even buy HTC much longer the rate they're going.

Sent from my LTEVO

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Samsung phones are solid and have been for a long time.
lol I think youre a bit off on the long time statement, my old Galaxy SII Epic touch was pretty cheap feeling and that phone isnt a year old yet is it? maybe theyve stepped up their quality with the GSIII but to say a long time is silly, Ive owned both and htc build quality is beyond that of Samsung

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Originally Posted by crzycrkr<br />
Samsung phones are solid and have been for a long time.
lol I think youre a bit off on the long time statement, my old Galaxy SII Epic touch was pretty cheap feeling and that phone isnt a year old yet is it? maybe theyve stepped up their quality with the GSIII but to say a long time is silly, Ive owned both and htc build quality is beyond that of Samsung

Thank you for completely missing my point and proving it at the same time. Cheap feeling? Why, because its plastic? Samsung had been building solid phones for years. The build quality of my Nexus S was miles ahead of my EVO. Why is it people hate on Samsung plastic, but HTC plastic is somehow amazing?

Sent from my LTEVO

kellyrx8

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for completely missing my point and proving it at the same time. Cheap feeling? Why, because its plastic? Samsung had been building solid phones for years. The build quality of my Nexus S was miles ahead of my EVO. Why is it people hate on Samsung plastic, but HTC plastic is somehow amazing?

Sent from my LTEVO

why are you even worried about it??

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
why are you even worried about it??

Not worried about it. I've had many brands, and I'm far from a fanboy. Just amused at the amount of people that are usually HTC fanbous screaming trash like...

Sammy phones are cheaply made! There are no if, ands or butts about it! If you can't see it you are blind or a phanboy!

Sent From My EVO 4G LTE!

Somehow Samsung plastic = cheap yet HTC plastic = amazing build quality. The fit on Samsung phones is always tight and they are always well made in my experience. The first few runs of the OG EVO had boatloads of quality control issues. Every company has some bad runs.

Sent from my LTEVO

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2