Ever since the update, I cannot delete SMS drafts. I have about 20-30 SMS drafts and every time I try to delete them, the phone gives me an error message and that "it will be reported to HTC." I tried to go to app section and clear the data and cache, but it still didn't do anything.

Also, it sometimes takes me about 20-30 seconds to load an SMS. I want to respond to XYZ and I hit the thread and it literally takes 20+ second to load the message. I don't know how to resolve the issue.

I tried clearing the cache and data for "people" and "message" and I turned off facebook sync (which had only calendar activitied) but I still have issues.
    10-02-2012 11:43 PM
    I have the same problem. The SMS app seems to be running very slowly. I too tried to clear the various data stores but it is still sluggish. Replying to a message is terrible - a quick yes or no can take up to a minute. My phone even goes to sleep after hitting reply before I get the ability to actually type. Additionally, at times, when I write a new message and start to type a contact's name in the TO box, it will not give me a selection of people for about 30 seconds or more.

This was no help to you at all... but at least you are not alone. :-)
    10-07-2012 08:42 PM
    I won't rehash what was said by both of you, but I've seem experiencing the same issues. Same with entering a contact in the To section for emails. Frustrating...

Sent from my EVO LTE baby!
    10-07-2012 08:44 PM
    I, too, am unable to delete drafts. Stock messaging sluggish sometimes but not having all the issues the rest of you are having. Unfortunately, I don't have the solution, either.
    ~K~
    10-08-2012 12:06 AM
    [QUOTE=ashakouri1;2206383]Ever since the update, I cannot delete SMS drafts. I have about 20-30 SMS drafts and every time I try to delete them, the phone gives me an error message and that "it will be reported to HTC." I tried to go to app section and clear the data and cache, but it still didn't do anything.

A long press on individual drafts will allow you to delete them, one at a time.
    10-08-2012 02:14 PM
    If I have to do a factory reset to fix this issue, then I'd rather just flash cygenamod. If the next HTC update doesn't fix it, then probably going to do just that.
    10-09-2012 04:54 AM
    Ever since the update, I cannot delete SMS drafts. I have about 20-30 SMS drafts and every time I try to delete them, the phone gives me an error message and that "it will be reported to HTC." I tried to go to app section and clear the data and cache, but it still didn't do anything.

Also, it sometimes takes me about 20-30 seconds to load an SMS. I want to respond to XYZ and I hit the thread and it literally takes 20+ second to load the message. I don't know how to resolve the issue.

I tried clearing the cache and data for "people" and "message" and I turned off facebook sync (which had only calendar activitied) but I still have issues.
    I am having this same issue. It exists with Handsecnt and Go SMS pro. Both apps behave in the same manner, where it takes 30+ seconds to load the SMS listing and/or an individual SMS.

Does anyone know if this is a known issue?

I am thinking it's downloading and loading the contact list and having a hard time load it into memory - or something... it's not because I have too many SMS or MMS, there are only a few... so its another issue.
    10-12-2012 02:45 PM
    Took the hit and did a factory reset. It is a pain to set everything up again... but it was worth it. The phone is much better. Battery life is longer and the odd issues disappeared. I hate that I had to do it, but it was worth it.

The better question is, why are we put in the position of having to do a factory reset? And should there not be a better way to fix our phones than the generic cop out of doing a factory reset?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    10-14-2012 09:17 PM
    Chomp started doing this as well. Sounds like they all are.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2
    10-14-2012 11:39 PM
    Ugh... Same problem for me too.

EDIT:
    I followed the directions posted below and... after 20hrs no slowness!

I can confirm that this method does in fact fix the problem (at least for me);

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g-...ml#post4989279

Try it out and report back!
    10-15-2012 05:56 PM