Cannot delete SMS drafts and takes long time to load SMS messages

ashakouri1

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Ever since the update, I cannot delete SMS drafts. I have about 20-30 SMS drafts and every time I try to delete them, the phone gives me an error message and that "it will be reported to HTC." I tried to go to app section and clear the data and cache, but it still didn't do anything.

Also, it sometimes takes me about 20-30 seconds to load an SMS. I want to respond to XYZ and I hit the thread and it literally takes 20+ second to load the message. I don't know how to resolve the issue.

I tried clearing the cache and data for "people" and "message" and I turned off facebook sync (which had only calendar activitied) but I still have issues.

keoni8888

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem. The SMS app seems to be running very slowly. I too tried to clear the various data stores but it is still sluggish. Replying to a message is terrible - a quick yes or no can take up to a minute. My phone even goes to sleep after hitting reply before I get the ability to actually type. Additionally, at times, when I write a new message and start to type a contact's name in the TO box, it will not give me a selection of people for about 30 seconds or more.

This was no help to you at all... but at least you are not alone. :)

a22matic

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I won't rehash what was said by both of you, but I've seem experiencing the same issues. Same with entering a contact in the To section for emails. Frustrating...

Sent from my EVO LTE baby!

kandikatt

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I, too, am unable to delete drafts. Stock messaging sluggish sometimes but not having all the issues the rest of you are having. Unfortunately, I don't have the solution, either.
~K~

dyphx

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Ever since the update, I cannot delete SMS drafts. I have about 20-30 SMS drafts and every time I try to delete them, the phone gives me an error message and that "it will be reported to HTC." I tried to go to app section and clear the data and cache, but it still didn't do anything.

A long press on individual drafts will allow you to delete them, one at a time.

ashakouri1

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
If I have to do a factory reset to fix this issue, then I'd rather just flash cygenamod. If the next HTC update doesn't fix it, then probably going to do just that.

moneystax

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site

Also, it sometimes takes me about 20-30 seconds to load an SMS. I want to respond to XYZ and I hit the thread and it literally takes 20+ second to load the message. I don't know how to resolve the issue.

I tried clearing the cache and data for "people" and "message" and I turned off facebook sync (which had only calendar activitied) but I still have issues.

I am having this same issue. It exists with Handsecnt and Go SMS pro. Both apps behave in the same manner, where it takes 30+ seconds to load the SMS listing and/or an individual SMS.

Does anyone know if this is a known issue?

I am thinking it's downloading and loading the contact list and having a hard time load it into memory - or something... it's not because I have too many SMS or MMS, there are only a few... so its another issue.

keoni8888

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Took the hit and did a factory reset. It is a pain to set everything up again... but it was worth it. The phone is much better. Battery life is longer and the odd issues disappeared. I hate that I had to do it, but it was worth it.

The better question is, why are we put in the position of having to do a factory reset? And should there not be a better way to fix our phones than the generic cop out of doing a factory reset?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12