Screen "Static" - Screen unresponsive

stomperxj

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
This started happening this morning intermittently and now this is all it does. "Static" on the screen and will not respond to touch. I searched and found one other person on the HTC forums that had the same thing... has anyone here seen this? This phone is 100% stock and only about 2.5 months old. never had a screen protector on it, never been dropped, zero damage.

I'm headed to a Sprint Corporate store first thing tomorrow to see about a replacement.

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Weeeird. Never seen that kind of thing before. I doubt you'll have any trouble getting a replacement on that though.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
If I had to guess, I would say that the screen connector is loose from the motherboard.

But yeah, they should replace it.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I agree with everyone else. That is not a software problem. It is good you got a photo of it to take with you.

stomperxj

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I showed up at the store and it of course worked for a few minutes after not working for almost a day. it did freak out for the dude though so they ordered me a new phone. should be here Tuesday...

fatpirate

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue. Just started a couple of days ago. Makes me nervous that this will be a recurring issue with the EVO LTE. Besides that I am supremely happy with this phone. If you push on the screen (mostly in the bottom left corner) you may be able to get the screen to reconnect and still use phone until the new one gets here. Did you have insurance or did Sprint just agree to send you a new one?

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
You don't need insurance, because you automatically have a one year warranty with sprint that if the device fails for reasons not related to the way it was used (for example swimming with it in your pocket or dropping it), Sprint will replace the device.

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
You don't need insurance, because you automatically have a one year warranty with sprint that if the device fails for reasons not related to the way it was used (for example swimming with it in your pocket or dropping it), Sprint will replace the device.

I had a similar experience with my Photon 4G. I dropped it from the top bunk of my bed onto a concrete floor, and the camera wouldn't work anymore. Took it in and they replaced the entire phone free of charge.

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar experience with my Photon 4G. I dropped it from the top bunk of my bed onto a concrete floor, and the camera wouldn't work anymore. Took it in and they replaced the entire phone free of charge.

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums

Of course I'm sure you told them you dropped it on a concrete floor too, right?

livpalm

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I bought mine from Amazonwireless and i'm having the same issue. Anyone know if they'll replace it too? I bought mine in June.

rajamahal

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Just sent my phone into HTC for this static screen issue. It was happening sporadically at first. Lock/Unlock would make it go away. But eventually it did it all the time and became unusable.

Sprint device coverage is a rip if you treat your phone with care. HTC is pretty good about responding to warranty claims in a timely fashion.

Jonathan Marks

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
Pushing down in the lower left hand corner of the screen has actually worked for me, thanks! A temporary fix until I get a chance to take it back to the shop for replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12