LTE: Keep Evo or trade in for SG3 while I can?

d0g

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I recently (12 days ago) upgraded to the Evo, and it's great.

BUT, now I've discovered this and dozens of other threads in forums all over the web about how the Evo has a lame radio, especially not connecting/finding LTE.
(In particular: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1644-evo-lte-4g-connection-issues-contact-sprint/ )

I don't have LTE in LA yet ... supposed to arrive by end of year ... so I have no way of testing.

These complaints have scared me; should I exchange it for a Galaxy S3 while I still can?

I'm especially interested to hear from people who are in an LTE active market and who have both of these phones -- how well do they connect? How do the speeds compare?

Thanks!

Technosticrati

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Good question and unless someone has the ability to rip out the radio and test the hardware within an LTE testing facility I think they are full of it.

Sprints LTE network hasn't even gotten off the ground in 99%of the markets and where it has they are still filing in the gaps. I don't think we will really know until Chicago launches because they have completely torn down and rebuilt it from top to bottom.

My reception of LTE has been fine where a signal is available but it's way too spotty to give you a definitive answer.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I'll trade, its a better phone, only downside is how it feels in the hand

Sent from my EVO
your going to be downgrading your screen and build quality for something that is not a hardware problem. At the moment its a network problem and software issue. An update is going to fix the issue. Good luck.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I say stick with the EVO instead of getting a phone made out of cheap plastic with an ok display. The EVO display blows it out of the water!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781