Mhl to HDMI cable question, can I use a generic one for the HTC?

aassddffgg

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I'm looking on ebay they sell a lot of mini usb/mhl to hdmi adapters, I want one, but most of them just work (in their list) in some other phones, I was wondering if this is so specific for what I think it's a normal adapter?? Can i get a random one (and cheap) from ebay and expect it to work fine on my 4G LTE??

See ya.

Ledward1245

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Hey, I'm looking on ebay they sell a lot of mini usb/mhl to hdmi adapters, I want one, but most of them just work (in their list) in some other phones, I was wondering if this is so specific for what I think it's a normal adapter?? Can i get a random one (and cheap) from ebay and expect it to work fine on my 4G LTE??

See ya.

Just go to t mobile and buy the MHL cable they sell for their HTC phone, I bought mine for $20

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
As long as it's actually the right kind of cable it should work fine. I.e. look at buyer feedback to make sure it's legit. All it has to do is get 1s and 0s from point a to b, brand shouldn't matter.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
MHL adapters are supposed to be an industry standard.. (exception is the GS3 that requires its own adapter for HDMI)
So if an adapter is labeled as an MHL adapter it should work with your device. As others have pointed out check feed back.
Just because we follow the rules doesnt mean someone is trying to pull a scam and sell mis labeled product or cheap knockoffs that could have a higher failure rate.
Afterall in a lot of cases you get what you pay for. If you go cheap and get some low end knockoff be prepared for it to not work properly.
I picked up mine on sale at a TMO store years ago back when i had an EVO 3D. Its worked for my GS2 and my EVO LTE..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FergusonMiriam