hi i just did this for fun as i own them and i want to know how good their cameras are compared to each other.
    the devices are

-HTC EVO 4G LTE
    -Samsung Galaxy S3
    -Samsung Note II
    -iPhone 4s

all devices are still stock no modification or camera modification performed
    all photos are take with the built in camera app so no 3rd party camera app
    all images in this samples are cropped 100% taken within the same time and with the same objects and conditions.
    i dont claim this to be acccurate as i said before that this is unofficial
    and i only did it out of my own curiosity

so here it is.

HTC EVO 4G LTE vs Samsung Galaxy S3 / Samsung Note II

Samsung Galaxy S3 / Samsung Note II vs iPhone 4s

iPhone 4s VS HTC EVO 4G LTE

the good news are:
    -HTC EVO 4G LTE Camera are much better than Samsung Galaxy S3 and Samsung Galaxy Note II
    the HTC images are obviously sharper, better colours and less noisy.

the bad news are:
    -still no phones can "touch" the iPhone's camera
    I'm using the iPhone 4s in this comparisons as i don't have the iPhone 5 yet still not availabe yet in my country
    but even the 1 year old iPhone 4S beats all of the newer Android devices in terms of camera.

but i feel i can say that HTC Evo 4G LTE has the best camera of all current android phone line up.

(samsung Galaxy S3 and Note II are using the exact same camera module and camera app
    their picture comes out to be exactly the same, so i just one of them in this comparisons.)

all i need to do now is to install the HQ camera mod for the EVOLTE and hoping it can beats the iPhone camera ( but crossing my fingers on this cause the camera in iPhone 4s is really really good. and i wonder how about the iPhone 5 )
    Attached Thumbnails Unofficial Camera Test vs Samsung S3, Note II, and iPhone 4s-htc-vs-iphone-100-zoom.jpg   Unofficial Camera Test vs Samsung S3, Note II, and iPhone 4s-htc-vs-iphone-100-.jpg   Unofficial Camera Test vs Samsung S3, Note II, and iPhone 4s-screen-shot-2012-10-22-4.06.15-pm.jpg   Unofficial Camera Test vs Samsung S3, Note II, and iPhone 4s-side-side.jpg  
    Bears and Sh3ngLong like this.
    10-28-2012 03:29 AM
    Expected the 4s results but was pleasantly surprised by the HTC. Especially after the hype over the S3 camera. Thanks for this.
    10-28-2012 03:31 AM
    oh yeah and i forgot to mentions
    the HTC eve 4G LTE has the best camera app compared to all the devices in this test
    and also the f2.0 on the EVOLTE does help when you want the picture your taken to have those "bokeh" a blurry background shots like some of those expensive DSLR.
    10-28-2012 03:40 AM
    Expected the 4s results but was pleasantly surprised by the HTC. Especially after the hype over the S3 camera. Thanks for this.
    indeed, the iphone camera feels like in "another level better" compared to other phones out there.
    but the EVOLTE also feels like that compared to samsung.
    and samsung's phone have a little bit annoying "shutter lagg" problem, well at least my Note 2 with jellybean has that.
    10-28-2012 03:44 AM
    Well I disagree with that because I have a Evo 4G LTE and my friend sold his Iphone just for this phone true no mods or adjustments to the camera app yea the Iphone is good but if you know what you are doing you could get it to the point where you would have a hard time figuring out what is what

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    10-28-2012 04:35 AM