video out options

RRHMJ23

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Is the HTC media link the only option for video,movies,netflix,youtube transferred to the tv ? Since the 4g lte lost the hmdi out port ,im confused on how to do these things.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
As Sopharus said, buy an MHL adapter and your good to go..
Used the same adapter on my GS2, EVO 3D, EVO LTE with no issues.

grayin

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I just bought the "Cable Matters 6 Feet Micro USB to HDMI MHL Cable for Samsung, HTC Smartphones and Tablets" from another website and it is working well on my Evo 4g LTE. HTC uses a slightly different USB connector on their phones/charge cables that have additional pins. All of these MHL adapters seem to require external power from your USB charger to work and some claim to not work with the HTC USB charger cord due to the extra pins. I have not had that problem with this one. As a side note Samsung appears to have yet another type of USB connector on the S3 that requires a special MHL adapter to work (which is much more expensive). The Evo 4g LTE does a pretty good job outputing HD video and sound to my TV although some videos that look great on the phone show some pixelation on the TV. Probably the encoder I used or source of the videos. Hope this helps.

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
All of these MHL adapters seem to require external power from your USB charger to work and some claim to not work with the HTC USB charger cord due to the extra pins.
Well, yes and no.

The requirement is that there must be power going to the micro-USB slot on the phone for MHL to work.

What this means is if your TV supports sending power via HDMI, which many newer TVs do, you do not need to connect the USB charger to the MHL adapter. However, if your TV does not support that, then you must connect the USB charger to the MHL adapter for it to work.

RRHMJ23

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I just brought the same cable as grayin, ive tried to.use the cable both powered and unpowered on 2 different tvs.Im not getting anything eithier way.I think i got a bad cable or something,i think im just gonna buy the media link

grayin

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear it didn't work for you. Does the screen on the phone rotate to landscape when you hook it up? I have also read on some reviews that a restart of the phone with it connected can sometimes help. I have been hooking the cable up and then switching the HDMI input selection on my TV to the phone input after it is all hooked up. Hope some of this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith