Did I get a virus

yakfshr1

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
downloaded broncos wallpaper from play store, got a message to scan for virus, (didn't do it) but immediately uninstalled app. Now all the slide bars, unlock cirle, tabs and a lot of other things are now orange instead of black.

bas.androiddev

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
There is not enough information in your post.

- Provide a link to the 'broncos wallpaper' in your post. Is this a Google Play app or did you side load it?
- 'got a message to scan for virus', are you saying that you have some sort of anti virus software on your evo? If so, which one?
- Did you open the app at all, or did you uninstall it immediately like you said? Market apps cant do anything unless you give them permissions and open them.

The orange thing to me sounds like you did open the app and it attempted to "theme" your evo to some ugly Broncos colors ;)

yakfshr1

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
downloaded it from the play store on my phone. not sure how to provide a link. the app is: denver broncos NFL wallpapers. i haven't added any virus stuff on my phone, it's stock. i did open the app and got the virus scan message, said skip and then uninstalled the app. and even though i'm a broncos fan the orange on my phone is ugly. thanks for your help.

bas.androiddev

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Was it this app?

If so, it most likely is not a virus. There are tons of good reviews, plus if you click on the app developer "Chasing Apps", they author a lot of highly rated apps.

I'm puzzled about how any message popped up asking you to scan for a virus, considering you say you have no anti virus software installed. Perhaps this was an advertisement that you clicked on that did something fishy.

adamtalife

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I've had the same issue with zedge. When I downloaded a wall paper from the app I would get advertisements in my notifications bar. I un installed zedge, no change, had to actually delete the wallpaper for it to stop.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
If you download "addons detector" you can find out which apps are sending you push notifications (ads that are in your notification bar). It tells you exactly which apps allow the push notifications. But you probably knew most of that already.

Motorola Photon 4G

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma