Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

That's pretty much what I said,,, that I think an update is close because all of updates to my apps.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

I interpret that to mean you think there's an OTA coming from Sprint to update the EVO 4G LTE from Android 4.0.x (ICS) to Android 4.1.x (JB) based on the fact that you've seen several apps updated.

What I said is completely different. I'm saying that the devs are updating their apps because Google has released Android 4.2 (still JB) to ensure compatibility. NOT because our particular phone may/may not be receiving an update.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

jimmyg41

May 31, 2011
Visit site

And yet this was just tweeted:

Sprint Care‏@sprintcare

@jimmyg41 I was just reading through those rumors myself. Unfortunately there is no official word on the release of JB for the EVO LTE. *BJ

]

Nice...they actually responded.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I'm confused about people saying that a lot of their apps are getting updated so there is likely a phone update imminent.

Aren't Play store apps universal? What does one have to do with the other?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

I'm confused about people saying that a lot of their apps are getting updated so there is likely a phone update imminent.

Aren't Play store apps universal? What does one have to do with the other?

Simple,, when ever there is a major update some apps stop working until the developer updates the app to work with the new version of android. All I said was that in my experience whenever I have like 40/50 app updates in 2 /3 days it was always right before a big update. Like when ics was released. I had same rush of app updates a week before ics was released.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

Rsximporter99

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site

While there may be alot of coincidence from your experiences zmann, they are merely incidental as APP updates do not directly correlate to a OS UPDATE tied to a particular model/carrier. Apps do require to be updated to the latest android version available, such as 4.2.X that's been discussed on Android Central...and that is why you are seeing your apps being updated....our update that we will be receiving will most likely be a 4.1.X variant ... yet I could stand corrected and perhaps be graced with a 4.2 flavor yet history says other wise.... in a IDEAL world when google releases new builds of OS's you will always undoubtedly see a influx of app updates the day of or trickling day by day... and ideally this would all happen in a short amount of days. Unfortunately since all OS updates require carrier approval... updating APPs generally dont necessarily correlate to the OS update such as this case... just coincidence but a good one...cant negate that :D

gpdaddy95

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

Nice long thread going that seems to be headed to the"it's not gonna happen anytime soon" side of the argument. When I look at the photo, it clearly states 4.1.1 (jellybean). It's coming, just wait.

onehotpocket

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

I'm pretty sure that the guy over at XDA was just referring to our current version. He was saying he hadn't updated the phone since he bought it a while back and he finally did today. I don't think it's the new update.

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Here's the link to the guys that got the update.

Edit: Apparently that link was to an update the guy waited to use from months ago. So, I'd like to use this space for something more fruitful...
RIP Hostess. Your Twinkies got me through some of the toughest times in my life. <3

Sent from my EVO L(a)TE using Android Central Forums.

Last edited:

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

I'm pretty sure that the guy over at XDA was just referring to our current version. He was saying he hadn't updated the phone since he bought it a while back and he finally did today. I don't think it's the new update.

You're prolly right.

Sent from my EVO L(a)TE using Android Central Forums.

Laplancha Quema

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: It's coming jelly bean!

It reads that way at first but upon further inspection the context of it is saying "Upgrade TO ICS..." Like Sprint is an upgrade to tmobile. lmao

krishna1731

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: It's coming jelly bean!

On a completely different note, Is anyone experiencing contacts problem. "My call log shows UNKNOWN even if the number is saved." How do you rectify that? As of now, I think I'll be happy even if I didnt receive the JB update but an MR update that makes my phone perfect with 4.0.4 would be most welcome.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

On a completely different note, Is anyone experiencing contacts problem. "My call log shows UNKNOWN even if the number is saved." How do you rectify that? As of now, I think I'll be happy even if I didnt receive the JB update but an MR update that makes my phone perfect with 4.0.4 would be most welcome.

Yeah, there's been a lot of contact related issues and there's a few threads out there on it