Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

treyguad

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

yeah...is still being sent out in waves my butt... if anyone had gotten it, they would have said something.

BigPuddin

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

Got my Evo replaced today because I complained about all the bugs. I asked them when Jelly Bean was coming out and they said it was rolling out now, but they were doing it very slowly because it's a very large update and that it can't be client initiated. They also said, if you get the update, make sure you say yes because if you say no, you will go back to the end of the line in the roll out.

I am now 100% certain that Sprint puts something in their company water coolers. Their representatives are allover the place.

Adriel Romo

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

No jelly beans for me. I was one of the first to receive the phone when it came out so If they are doing this in waves at the moment I am wondering who are these mysterious people who are "getting the update" BTW Sprints network is the worse. Can't count how many times people have sent me text messages only for me to never receive them.

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

It seems that AC has just announced a 4.1.2 leak for the OG Galaxy Note (by the end of the year or early 2013).

Now imagine if THAT phone got JB before the EVO LTE?????

Hahahahaha!!!!! That would really piss people off.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

dodgermspt

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

I checked with my source since I haven't received the update yet and haven't read of a single person getting it and I'm starting to think that no one at sprint knows exactly what's going on cause it sounds like she only knows what the screens are telling her. She says that the update was released yesterday at 25k phones a day, network initiated only no manual client initiated. I replied to her that not one person has got it and if what she says is the real deal, at least one person of 50k would have been on here to report the update. She will continue digging and I will post an update as soon as I know something.

I don't know if you saw this post but could this possibly be the update I know it's small and the guy never got back to anybody but could this be it

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354148612791.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354148612791.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 119

spencer311

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Yeah but then the camera is less functional.

Actually I am running cm10 and I installed the 4.2 camera and they have made it a ton better. No its not quite as functional as the sense camera but I actually really like it and I use my camera a lot. Plus this rom is just amazing. So smooth and fast, and my battery life has doubled. I am excited to see sense jb and I will definately check it out but im starting to wonder if cm10 might be a better fit for me anyway. I love it.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I don't know if you saw this post but could this possibly be the update I know it's small and the guy never got back to anybody but could this be it

I hate to burst everyone's bubble over the thought that this guy's wife was one of the few to receive the latest update (whether it be Jelly Bean, or just a long awaited update), but it is not.

He reported it's size to be 171.81MB, that is the EXACT same size as the 2.13.651.1 update (New Update For Sprint’s HTC EVO 4G LTE : The Droid Guy).

What are the chances that the next update is the exact same size as that previous one? ZERO!

Sorry to be bearer of bad news.

The poor guy is probably too embarassed to come back and report it is just the previous update that was never applied to her phone.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

From what I have read JB is all hype, not that much going on so relax & chill ! New battery screen and film days use . Beats audio improvement not enough to get upset over.

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

You forgot a huge feature called "Google now". If you don't know what exactly it is,, Google it. Lol. ;)

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

From what I have read JB is all hype, not that much going on so relax & chill ! New battery screen and film days use . Beats audio improvement not enough to get upset over.

Again, for many of us its more about getting any update to fix some issues than it is getting jb. Right now I would rather have caller id than Google now

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

Yeah it's a great gimmick to get you to buy and use Google for everything, just sayin...:D