Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

mrhankey184

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

I've never dealt with issues that are this large. I can't make phone calls, send text or emails? That's a huge problem. I'm on the phone with senior tech support now and I'm demanding information, a GSIII or cancel my contract immediately.

I'm done playing games with these uninformed people.!

smkyle

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

I've never dealt with issues that are this large. I can't make phone calls, send text or emails? That's a huge problem. I'm on the phone with senior tech support now and I'm demanding information, a GSIII or cancel my contract immediately.

Get a Verizon prl and stream video for a few weeks straight. They'll cancel it.

treyguad

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

dude if you get a GSIII out of complaining I will be surprised...also let us know if you do so we can rant even more.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

dude if you get a GSIII out of complaining I will be surprised...also let us know if you do so we can rant even more.

If that's the case then gs note 2 here I come

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

You seem to have disconnected service, make sure that your bill payment went through.. ;)

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

I have a couple of questions, while we're all sitting around waiting for this update: for the people who have the contacts and messaging issues, have you guys swapped out phones? I know that sounds like a dumb question but the truth is that it can't just be a software issue with HTC and Sense. If it were then everyone would have the issues you guys do, but we don't. Maybe it's a software conflict with an app. Maybe it's a software/hardware combo that causes it or any number of things. I know that I, like many people here, don't have it. But it would be good to know what is causing it. I've seen other threads regarding these issues and people talk about a hard reset, Facebook sync, Google sync, clearing cache, linking contacts and all sorts of things. I can't recall anyone swapping their device and finding the same problem on a new one. I'm not saying there isn't a problem, and trust me that I've had my own issues since the update in September, but show me a device that doesn't have problems. Especially after updates are pushed out.

Which leads to my second question: has the grass ever been greener on the other side of the fence? Do you think the GS3 is impervious to faults? Have at it. I've been on those threads too. My wife has one and there are plenty of issues with those phones as well. Battery drain, USB syncing, media issues after the JB update that, by the way, is rolling out to those devices at a snail's pace. Issues we don't have on the ƎVO, but I am certain they bother the GS3 folks. And every time my wife complains about not getting good reception where she works and wants to go to Verizon, I show her all of the Verizon hate-threads here and everywhere else. And the AT&T ones. And then I show her the Sprint ones just so she understands that there will be problems with whatever device you have and whatever carrier you go to. At least right now, I know what my device and carrier issues are. I don't need the aggravation of figuring it all out again with someone else.

I've always been happy with the way HTC has handled updates, going all the way back to my Mogul (ah the good old WinMo days, with XDA and ppcgeeks.com). I have never been impressed with Samsung and their updates. I admit that right now Sammy is looking better and HTC is looking like the straggler when it comes to these recent updates. But I'll stick it out with HTC. I'm sure I would have less patience if I were experiencing the same issues that other people have, but I've been able to get through mine. I hope this update clears out the problems that everyone is having.

mrhankey184

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

I will be recieving my GSIII tomorrow by 1PM. They will also let me play around with it for 14 days to decide if I like it. If I do I will send my HTC back. If i don't like the GSIII, I'm hoping the update will be on the phone by then and I will send the GSIII back.

Unless I REALLY like the GSIII.

I've been with Sprint for 12 years, I had complaints in the system generated months ago. They had no choice but to either give me the GSIII or cancel my contract and go elsewhere.

edit:

To the comment above. I've had no issues with HTC until their latest ringtone update which completely corrupted my phone. I've done several hard resets and I'm done wasting my time. Its obviously a known issue/bug so it should have EXTREMELY high priority. I will have both phones to play around with and let you guys know what I find out.

p.s. There are a lot of smart people within these forums...that have tried many different things to fix this and the problems come back even worse than before, with no 3rd party apps, no facebook sync, all this crap. The latest update pushed out by HTC did something and that last update was how long ago? Yeah.....

Last edited:

admire816

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

How long have you had your EVO that they are giving u a S3? I think that's the route I may want to take.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

....... p.s. There are a lot of smart people within these forums...that have tried many different things to fix this and the problems come back even worse than before, with no 3rd party apps, no facebook sync, all this crap. The latest update pushed out by HTC did something and that last update was how long ago? Yeah.....

I think you misunderstood what I said. I am well aware of the type of people in these forums. I've been coming here for several years, long before I signed up and started posting. But I "know" a lot of these people from PPCGeeks and XDA so I am well aware of the intelligence floating around these boards. I am not doubting that you have issues. At all. I was curious to know if anyone had actually gotten a different phone and still had the same issues. Not just a hard-reset or anything else that, on its own, didn't correct the problems. I have to ask because I don't have the issues, but I am curious to know. I have a friend who swapped his phone for a refurb a month or so ago and hasn't had the issues anymore. He's installed most of the same apps and uses the phone that way he did before but there are no lags with contacts or messages now. Maybe it's the device, maybe it's the small update that they released but then pulled back... I don't know. I'm glad you're getting your GS3 and if you don't like it I hope that the update for the ƎVO fixes all that ails you.

jdunker26

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

I've never had any issues with contacts either. My biggest complaint is screen flicker while in the market or random other screens. I was hoping an update would help.

admire816

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

Did you have to talk to a supervisor or anything special, cause I'm just gonna call and do that.

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I am on my 3rd EVO LTE. The first one was possessed and just starting doing all these weird things like changing screens and opening and closing pages and literally Exorcist type stuff. The second was a refurb that the screen wasn't properly aligned, and now the third I have only had one problem with that was corrected. I had the slow contact from message issue a while ago, but I unsynced my google contacts and then cleared my contacts cache and then restarted my phone and re synced my google contacts and since then, which was a pretty long time ago now, I have not had a problem. That problem actually started for me when I upgraded my SD card, and it always confused me because I don't have contacts saved to my SD card. Either way, that definitely solved my contact issue. I also don't have my contacts linked to anything, i.e Facebook, Twitter, Google+. My phonebook is Google and not phone, and I do not have any phone contacts, just all google.

Edit:

They did tell me after the second unit was no good that if I had a problem with the 3rd that I could switch to a different device. The person I spoke with said the GS3 or iPhone 4S at the time.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

....... That problem actually started for me when I upgraded my SD card, and it always confused me because I don't have contacts saved to my SD card. Either way, that definitely solved my contact issue. I also don't have my contacts linked to anything, i.e Facebook, Twitter, Google+. My phonebook is Google and not phone, and I do not have any phone contacts, just all google.

I've seen that mentioned here and on a couple of different forums as well. I remember somebody commenting that it may have something to do with photos associated with contacts being stored on the memory card and being high-res, or something similar. That might have been over on phandroid.

mike31082

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site

I think we will honestly see the update by Dec. 11. The last update was released for the Evo LTE 20 days after it was released for the ONE X. Considering the Sense 4+ update hit the ONE X on Nov. 20, I figure logically we should see it no later than Dec. 11. With the photo evidence floating around it really looked like HTC and Sprint where trying to speed the process up, but it just doesn't seem to be the case.

BigPuddin

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

I just got a replacement Evo yesterday. I have not yet had the contacts problem, but it hasn't even been twenty four hours.

krishna1731

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site

Someone on the Sprint Community forum posts this,
Actually, I can update you my friend. I happen to stop by an Arizona sprint store today to pay my bill in person and see what they had for new devices. As I tend to do from time to time as sort of a interested person in the newest devices.
This store happens to be labled by sprint as one of their "TECH" stores. Meaning they have an in house tech center. In a converstation with the lead tech in the store, I happen to ask about the Jelly Bean update. So happens that the HTC rep was in the store this morning. Aparently there was a soft release of Jelly Bean for the EVO today or yesterday in which random people received the update. Aparently HTC was not comfortable with the mods to the sense UI and pulled it quickly. However, according to the tech, which was told by the HTC rep, that the EVO will receive the Jelly Bean update on the 2nd of December. I have researched this topic online for about a month now and this is the most reliable information I have come across.
If this information is wrong, which I highly doubt it is considering, I will post my apology to everyone here.
So...DECEMBER 2nd. Mark my words. This is from an HTC rep who would not tell a Spint store this information without knowning it's the plan. "

At this point of time I dont want to believe anything regarding JB update for EVO LTE, but thought of sharing here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power