Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

BroadcastJunkie

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

I was out the other day using a telescope to look at the kick@ss moon. To my surprise I noticed a sign on the moon that said, jelly bean upgrade for htc evo 4g lte... acquire within. Now, to get a ride to the moon... and its mine :p

Adriel Romo

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

I have had no contact issues or any issues whatsoever. The Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE is the best android phone I have ever gotten as every other phone I've had came with tons of issues minus Sprint's incredibly (insert curse word here) service. Where's the guy that is punching people in the face?

mrhankey184

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Someone on the Sprint Community forum posts this,
Actually, I can update you my friend. I happen to stop by an Arizona sprint store today to pay my bill in person and see what they had for new devices. As I tend to do from time to time as sort of a interested person in the newest devices.
This store happens to be labled by sprint as one of their "TECH" stores. Meaning they have an in house tech center. In a converstation with the lead tech in the store, I happen to ask about the Jelly Bean update. So happens that the HTC rep was in the store this morning. Aparently there was a soft release of Jelly Bean for the EVO today or yesterday in which random people received the update. Aparently HTC was not comfortable with the mods to the sense UI and pulled it quickly. However, according to the tech, which was told by the HTC rep, that the EVO will receive the Jelly Bean update on the 2nd of December. I have researched this topic online for about a month now and this is the most reliable information I have come across.
If this information is wrong, which I highly doubt it is considering, I will post my apology to everyone here.
So...DECEMBER 2nd. Mark my words. This is from an HTC rep who would not tell a Spint store this information without knowning it's the plan. "

At this point of time I dont want to believe anything regarding JB update for EVO LTE, but thought of sharing here.

It all sounded good until you said December 2nd...(cough) Sunday (cough)

sgt. slaughter

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

If I had to make a choice of keeping the HTC EVO 4G LTE as is and no JB update or getting the Samsung S3 with JB. The choice is so easy and I would keep the Evo 4 G LTE.:beer::D:thumbup:

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2

Last edited:

84guy

May 25, 2010
Visit site

More slap n face to sgs3 as they got 4.1.1 I believe... How u release a newer build on a older device...hehe

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

it happens :/ og evo 4g had 2.3.5 for 6 months while evo 3d was stuck on 2.3.4 till 4.0 came out for it. i seriously think the person running sprints phone updates is an idiot

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

....... This store happens to be labled by sprint as one of their "TECH" stores. Meaning they have an in house tech center. In a converstation with the lead tech in the store, I happen to ask about the Jelly Bean update. So happens that the HTC rep was in the store this morning. Aparently there was a soft release of Jelly Bean for the EVO today or yesterday in which random people received the update.

Gotta be honest here, but of all the times and all the locations I've been to a Sprint store, repair center or not, I have never met an HTC rep. Or a Samsung rep. Or a Motorola rep. I almost think they live in the same town as the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny.

But not Santa, 'cos that dude is totally for real.

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

Soooo, another day and no Android 2.3 Gingerbread update for my EVO LTE???

Bah humbug!!!!!!!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

That's one thing I don't like about people's approach to android. I love all of customization options and that's a big reason I switched to android . But if something like my contacts or messaging doesn't work properly I feel like I have every right to be angry and to complain. The expectation should not be that I have to flash a new rom just to get the basic functionality I bought the stupid thing for. So when I read "well just flash blah blah blah rom" and that's the only thing that person says it drives me nuts . I bought hardware AND software

I'm done ranting now

You can ride your "I shouldn't have to root" high-horse all you want. Leave yourself at the mercy of the manufacturer and carrier to fix your issues for you. The fact remains that you have a phone with issues that frustrate you.

Or you can take matters into your own hands, root, and be done with it.

I prefer to control my own destiny.

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site

If this information is wrong, which I highly doubt it is considering, I will post my apology to everyone here.
So...DECEMBER 2nd. Mark my words. This is from an HTC rep who would not tell a Spint store this information without knowning it's the plan. "
Well, if there was an apology here for all the "wrong information"(rumors) reported.....

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site

Anyone else find it strange that the original person that started this thread hasn't been heard from since the madness began? No updates, new screenshots, insights, just silence? I'm sure if his buddy saw received the memo about the release that he had to have seen a memo about this delay? Anyone remember the November 15 and November 27 dates he threw out, lol? Seems like the most current info being released is coming from other individual's research?

Last edited:

geomatrix

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Mid December, last update One X got, EVO got it bout 2 weeks later, I dont see a change in this so lets just wait. Maybe the dates that were thrown around were for the One X? I just want to play with Google Now damn it! Who's the next manufacturer to helm the Nexus line? I love HTC, have had the OG, 3D and now LTE, but I can't deal with this waiting around for updates , blame HTC, blame Sprint, whatever man. I got used to Sense, it to me is easy to use and the best looking skin out there next to just straight up stock. I just really hope HTC/Sprint/Tech Gods stop goofing around and give us what we deserve, this phone is MORE then capable under the hood to even handle 4.2, lets get something going PUHULEASE

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site

Anyone else find is strange that the original person that started this thread hasn't been heard from since the madness began? No updates, new screenshots, insights, just silence? I'm sure if his buddy saw received the memo about the release that he had to have seen a memo about this delay? Anyone remember the November 15 and November 27 dates he threw out, lol? Seems like the most current info being released is coming from other individual's research?

What does he need to say? "Oops, my bad"?...