Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

mech1164

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Strange, when I price compare my Sprint plan to Tmobile, it is about the same price. If you are saving $60/mo, then you must have been on some really strange Sprint plan or get rates way below what Tmobile gives to normal people...

Nah nuthin strange at all. first 69.99 450 min plan then the 10.00 smartphone fee add insurance charge , taxes and 18% corp discount it was still about 88+ bucks a month. Now on Tmo $30.00 prepaid. Yes the 100 mins suck but even if I go over i'm easily saving 50 bucks after that.

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Nah nuthin strange at all. first 69.99 450 min plan then the 10.00 smartphone fee add insurance charge , taxes and 18% corp discount it was still about 88+ bucks a month. Now on Tmo $30.00 prepaid. Yes the 100 mins suck but even if I go over i'm easily saving 50 bucks after that.

You include insurance with Sprint though.

The $30 tmo plan can't be beat if you get good coverage & don't talk a lot.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

You are not comparing apples to apples. Prepaid plans have NO ROAMING and that is primarily what makes them cheap. For many (most?) people, that is a huge no-no. Even Verizon roams with Sprint. T-Mobile has the worst coverage of the 4 big carriers, without roaming, you can easily be stuck somewhere without the ability to get any signal.

And, as has been pointed out, you threw in insurance on one and not on the other.

And you are comparing a subsidized plan to an an unsubsidized plan- so while Sprint might be giving you $250 to $350 up front towards a high-end phone, T-Mobile is giving you nothing up front. (Not that I like all this subsidized stuff, I wish it would all end, but you have to compare same to same).

And then only 100 minutes? Let me guess, prepaid probably also has no free nights and weekend and cell to ANY carrier free minutes either.

Sorry, but this is no valid comparison at all. Of course, if that type of plan works for you, great!

mech1164

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site

You are not comparing apples to apples. Prepaid plans have NO ROAMING and that is primarily what makes them cheap. For many (most?) people, that is a huge no-no. Even Verizon roams with Sprint. T-Mobile has the worst coverage of the 4 big carriers, without roaming, you can easily be stuck somewhere without the ability to get any signal.

And, as has been pointed out, you threw in insurance on one and not on the other.

And you are comparing a subsidized plan to an an unsubsidized plan- so while Sprint might be giving you $250 to $350 up front towards a high-end phone, T-Mobile is giving you nothing up front. (Not that I like all this subsidized stuff, I wish it would all end, but you have to compare same to same).

And then only 100 minutes?

Sorry, but this is no valid comparison at all. Of course, if that type of plan works for you, great!

And that's it, it works. Considering i'm very between jobs cost is primary. Honestly I get better Tmo coverage here than I did with Sprint. Plus like I said even if I go over that 100 min limit I just get charged .10 per min after that. It still comes out cheaper for me. Besides even Iif I just did reg plans on Tmo i'd still be saving on those value plans compared to Sprint. Don't get me wrong I did like them. They just got to pricey for me at the moment.

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

And then only 100 minutes? Let me guess, prepaid probably also has no free nights and weekend and cell to ANY carrier free minutes either.

If I could get away with it, I would switch.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

vhira82

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

Stull going.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354947910510.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354947910510.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 105

thatguy7#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Urge for CM10 rising. Been in this thread from Day 1 and it's only led to disappointment and crying in the fetal position.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

Well, I finally have made the switch. Sprint has agreed to swap out my Evo for an SG3. Got tired of the multiple problems with this device (contact lag, sense restarting, random rebooting). I think it's time for me to try something different. Not that Samsung doesn't have their own problems, but I think it looks like a great device.

sgt. slaughter

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Didn't you just say it was coming out in a matter of days?

Yeah I did and then it didn't drop on the day initially shown to me and I stated such here a lil earlier it looked bleak to happen when I initially said because of such.

I will say sprint should start doing what Telstra does on their site. They update every week with a post about all device updates and the current status of them whether it be HTC delay or in house testing delays... HTC has delayed the OneX build drop to them since first week of Nov, and each week they post a new expected drop from HTC...

Sprint doing that would be huge for consumers like us that care about such... It also keeps HTC on their toes as its out in open they are the reason for delay.

Noble One

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I finally have made the switch. Sprint has agreed to swap out my Evo for an SG3. Got tired of the multiple problems with this device (contact lag, sense restarting, random rebooting). I think it's time for me to try something different. Not that Samsung doesn't have their own problems, but I think it looks like a great device.

How'd you get them to do that? I tried the same and apparently they'd rather let me walk...lol.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

How'd you get them to do that? I tried the same and apparently they'd rather let me walk...lol.

My problems had been documented for over a month. I had someone back at the end of October tell me to take it into a repair facility. I did so, and they were unable to resolve the problem (camera app would let me take a picture, but would then show SD card as not present. I'd lose the picture, and would have to reboot). In fact, when they did a hard reset, I lost the fix that has been done for the assignment of personalized ringtones. This, plus the ongoing saga with the contact lag, was more than I could stand.

The guy who I worked with in October called me back at the end of November, and when I told him my ongoing problems, he offered to swap out the phone. He had to send me another htc, initially, but when that replacement had the same problems, he was able to offer me another device.

Last edited:

bluespyder117

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

No longer feel like ing about sprint techs after helping a friend deal with T-Mobile tecs. There is No prl update button on T-Mobile phones and you need to call T-Mobile to change prls... So I call them up only to be shuffled between 12 reps because No one at T-Mobile knows ftw a prl is and was repeatedly asked if I meant a software update... T-Mobile sucks worse than sprint by far

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith