Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: It's coming jelly bean!

This is not meant to sound mean, but how credible is the source? I only ask because stuff like this will sometimes turn out to be a hoax. It does look like a legitimate document, and Sprint being the very confusing people they are, could very well have made the typo where it said ICS, not JB. But it also could be meant a certain way, as stated before.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

It has to be a typo. Why would they say ICS with this phone to begin with? And then to say ICS but put the JB Android behind the phone? Has to be a typo, assuming the pic is legit.

7starmarc

May 22, 2011
Visit site

I'm hoping for an "LTE scanning improvement" like the S3 received. But this update is definitely welcome!

I noticed the Sprint Connections Optimizer, some have suggested that this is one of the reasons for better performance seen.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

Seems plausible enough. I guess we'll know tomorrow.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Looks like it's like a performance update and not Jelly Bean. In fact I see nothing there to indicate Jelly Bean so might want to fix the thread title.

If it fixes the contacts issue and still gives us this level of multi-tasking or better I'm perfectly fine with sticking with ICS for the foreseeable future.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

Looks like it's like a performance update and not Jelly Bean. In fact I see nothing there to indicate Jelly Bean so might want to fix the thread title.

If it fixes the contacts issue and still gives us this level of multi-tasking or better I'm perfectly fine with sticking with ICS for the foreseeable future.

Might want to rephrase your wording. There's nothing that proves JB will roll out soon but, while the wording could be much better, it does imply so. There's quite a lot to indicate that it is JB, like where it says "Android 4.1 Jelly Bean" and where the Android full of Jelly Beans behind the EvoLTE.

dlocks

May 31, 2010
Visit site

I have been it contact with HTC tech support via e-mail over the last couple of days regarding LTE connection issues.
The last e-mail I got was last night and she told that me the next update would include a fix for the LTE connection issues.
She told me the update would be very soon but did not specify when.
So I hope all this is true and we will all be happy campers tomorrow.

Last edited:

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I'm going by the second post that actually lists the enhancements contained in the update. There's no mention of Andoid 4.1 or any Jelly Bean features.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

I'm going by the second post that actually lists the enhancements contained in the update. There's no mention of Andoid 4.1 or any Jelly Bean features.

It doesn't say Jelly Bean anywhere but it is the same update that was listed with JB in the first one and it does have the Jelly Bean Android over to the right.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

I have been it contact with HTC tech support via e-mail over the last couple of days regarding LTE connection issues.
The last e-mail I got was last night and she told that the next update would include a fix for the LTE connection issues.
She told me the update would be very soon but did not specify when.
So I hope all this is true and we will all be happy campers tomorrow.
Now THAT'S good news! It'll be better news once we can verify that it definitely fixes the issue.

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

Why trust any of it at all? It's a picture of some information. I could type that same thing up in just a few minutes and take a picture with my phone and post it. The fact is, there's more to believe that it means Jelly Bean (especially the version number at the top).

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Ok I got some info on the jb update with sprint.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Pretty sure the first pic in the thread says Jelly Bean and that's where all this craziness started....

(I thought I would get the pic when I quoted...oh well)

ThisIsShellz

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site

Jelly bean or no jelly bean I just want all these problems in this update to be fixed, my contacts, my phone dialing out when it feels like it and so much other ....

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

Why trust any of it at all? It's a picture of some information. I could type that same thing up in just a few minutes and take a picture with my phone and post it. The fact is, there's more to believe that it means Jelly Bean (especially the version number at the top).

Well I only speak for myself here, but I'm not necessarily trusting it. It could be real, could be fake. Either way there's no reason not to analyze it while we wait for proof.

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Looks legit based on the verbiage and the 2 week rollout period. We'll find out tomorrow. Weird that ATT Hox hasn't had any leaks though....

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

That's the best thing. The uproar from the AT&T One X camp will be glorious to hear from the Sprint EVO side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21