Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

It's entirely possible that HTC submitted the update for both phones at around the same time to the carriers, and are simply waiting for carrier approval, and AT&T is taking longer...

At any rate, I hope this is true, and I'll be checking for updates manually throughout the day until I get something, which I'm sure is what many of you will be doing, as well.

Att has more customers and towers so certification would take longer. (also more devices).

If it's real, Sprint will update their support page in the morning, like they always do. Sprint website is under night time maintenance right now though.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

I did a hard reset on my phone and didn't sync Facebook contacts. Was fine for a week. Now the problem's back again.

Same thing happened to me. I went ahead and synced my Facebook contacts back. I'll be checking manually for the update today as well.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

7:32am on the East Coast. Still nothing. I'm not going to call it a wash until the end of the day, because I've seen where updates will show in the middle of the day. Someone's gotta get to the office and have their coffee before this thing goes out.

nathy321

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

I just got off the phone with sprint. I didn't mention reading anything about an update but I did ask her if she knew if there were any updates coming out for my phone since I've been having a few issues with it. She checked in her system and she confirm everything that's on the picture in this thread. She said we would be getting and update to fix WiFi issues and ringtone issues etc and that we would be upgraded to ice cream sandwich smh lol which I am assuming it was a typo. She said the update would start today until the 27th. Now like I said I didn't mention to her anything about what I read in this forum which leads me to believe we should be getting an update today.

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

I hope this means JB. If it's just an update to ICS, and they use the version 3.15.651.1 number for it, well that'll just be stupid.

youdug

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site

I just got off the phone with sprint. I didn't mention reading anything about an update but I did ask her if she knew if there were any updates coming out for my phone since I've been having a few issues with it. She checked in her system and she confirm everything that's on the picture in this thread. She said we would be getting and update to fix WiFi issues and ringtone issues etc and that we would be upgraded to ice cream sandwich smh lol which I am assuming it was a typo. She said the update would start today until the 27th. Now like I said I didn't mention to her anything about what I read in this forum which leads me to believe we should be getting an update today.

i really hope she just knows nothing and is reading whatever is in front of her. you shouldve asked for advanced tech or her manager. someone with some knowledge about the product. wish you woulda poked a little more :(
oh well, thanks for calling anyway and hopefully confirming an update.

mrhankey184

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Whether jelly bean or not, it sounds like we are getting something! That's a good thing!

Why are people saying we aren't getting jelly bean when its clearly listed with the logo?

Edit:

I can confirm. Tech support manager said jelly Bean comes out, but said its manual download for the 16th. He seemed extremely knowledgeable about the issues with the device. If you don't believe me call sprint tech support for yourself :)

Last edited:

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I really hope so. On a side note, Android Central needs to correct the time in the forums here.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

If it's the 16th and not today, does that mean I can stop checking for updates every 5 minutes! LOL

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

On a side note, Android Central needs to correct the time in the forums here.

Couldn't agree more!! Why can't Tapatalk determine what timezone you're in and convert appropriately?

To me in the Illinois it appears to be GMT - 3 hours, is that what it appears to be to others in different time zones?

heyyu

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

Besides the buttery smooth UI, what other updates are included in Jellybean?

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

I think one of the biggest new features is the enhanced notifications. In Jelly Bean it adds actionable notifications. For instance, it can show more info, and add buttons like a reply to an email button directly in the notification pull down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wobNrvMFrTc

That's probably one of the biggest reasons I want Jelly Bean. That, and a completely working Google Now.