Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

kitster

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

I telework on Friday's - so this is perfect for me. I can fiddle with the phone/update and not have
my coworkers bugging me with work stuff. Very excited.

mrhankey184

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

Idk that's what the tech manager said but even the JB update for Sprints GSIII took the next day at 1am for manual download

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site

Not to rain on everyone's parade, but I seriously do not think this is going to happen 11/15. Typically, there are multiple employees at Sprint that review communications like these before they go out. To not catch a typo like Upgrade to 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) is a clue that this may be fake or premature? I work for a major corporation and there are proofreader's who's job is to review communications like this to catch errors before going public. If this was true, wouldn't there be other sites reporting on this aside from just Androidcentral by some random dude? Shame on whom ever for playing with our emotions and not to mention, Thanksgiving is next week and if you know anything about Corporate America no one of any importance is in the office during that week. C'mon guys! Now, I hope I'm wrong because I want JB just as bad as the next person, but I'm a realist and HTC seems to have dropped the ball and Sprint's new fav is that damned GS3.

Last edited:

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

Not to rain on everyone's parade, but I seriously do not think this is going to happen 11/15. Typically, there are multiple employees at Sprint that review communications like these before they go out. To not catch a typo like Upgrade to 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) is a clue that this may be fake or premature? I work for a major corporation and there are proofreader's who's job is to review communications like this to catch errors before going public. If this was true, wouldn't there be other sites reporting on this aside from just Androidcentral? Shame on whom ever for playing with our emotions and not to mention, Thanksgiving is next week and if you know anything about Corporate America no one of any importance it in the office during that week. C'mon guys! Now, I hope I'm wrong because I want JB just as bad as the next person, but I'm a realist and HTC seems to have dropped the ball and Sprint's new fav is that damned GS3.

While your point is valid, this isn't a public document. This is an internal document that's going out to just Sprint. And the version number on this document is much higher than the current, so for them to just from 2.xx.xxx.x to 3.xx.xxx.x to keep the same Android version would be very confusing. I'm not going to downplay the fact that this may be a silly generated document to get people's hopes up, but there's evidence there that it's not a bug fix release, but instead a whole new Android version. Just because Thanksgiving is next week, doesn't mean there won't be support around in the event that people have problems with their phones. I've worked for different companies call centers like Barnes & Noble and Napster, and they were there year-round.

youdug

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site

im supposed to be working right now or i would, sorry lol
figured everyone would like to hear the conversation someone is having with the rep :D

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

im supposed to be working right now or i would, sorry lol
figured everyone would like to hear the conversation someone is having with the rep :D

Well doesn't really matter we all know every rep gives a different answer.

I kind of agree that this is not likely to happen - how is it that one guy on a forum with a buddy in a training class scooped the whole industry on this? Not saying it isn't true, but saying the likelihood of truth is pretty low.

benthe1

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site

I remember I used to get all excited for updates like this. That's until I started using custom ROMs that are already on the latest Android so I don't have to worry about this crap anymore. I'm sure my wife will be exited about this though....

lgcyelit

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site

Just Got off the phone with tech support and she said that an update is coming today, I asked what kind of Update and she replied "it's being updated to android jelly bean". She said that it's rolling out to different areas at different times, so check your phone throughout the day.

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site

Just Got off the phone with tech support and she said that an update is coming today, I asked what kind of Update and she replied "it's being updated to android jelly bean". She said that it's rolling out to different areas at different times, so check your phone throughout the day.
Like we haven't heard that before. For those of us that have stuck with the EVO Line know that we've been given numerous false reports in regards to updates in the past. I digress, remain optimistic, and wait with the rest of us for JB...as I push the "check for updates" every 30 minutes. LOL

jep223

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

No update as of now in LA, west coast. hoping for the best, but i have an eerie feeling we may be getting shafted....

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

The doc. Said the 11/27/2012 so I don't think that it will go out till the 27th of this mounth and finish some thine in December

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

youdug

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site

Like we haven't heard that before. For those of us that have stuck with the EVO Line know that we've been given numerous false reports in regards to updates in the past. I digress, remain optimistic, and wait with the rest of us for JB...as I push the "check for updates" every 30 minutes. LOL

aint this the truth.
lol keep us updated p

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

The doc. Said the 11/27/2012 so I don't think that it will go out till the 27th of this mounth and finish some thine in December

It said it would start notifying users on the 27th - it's always been that if you want it then you update it and if you don't care, they'll tell you eventually. That way it's not everyone all at once.

top magoo

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site

as my phone's working just fine at the moment, i'll be patient and let someone else beta-test.

i really hope it cures those issues a lot of you are having, and that this upgrade is everything everyone wants it to be. with that said, i learned a long time ago, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site

There is one thing that I noticed with Sprint and HTC's updates is that before a major update rolls out all of the Google Apps (Gmail, Youtube, Maps, etc.) and Bloatware pre-installed on the phone will have an update available. All of mine (6 total) showed up today as needing to be updated so they are in compliance with the new software. I may just be late in updating them, but it could also be a premature assumption, a good sign, or a random coincidence?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781