Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

mrhankey184

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

I think the rash of updates has more to do with the release of android 4.2 than anything specific to our phones.

Even though I'm rooted and have been running JB (CM10) since early August, I'm still following this closely to see what (if any) improvements the move to JB will bring to Sense.

What phone does Sprint have that will be on 4.2 that would determine a change within Sprint Zone?

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

If it was true, then I would have thought at least one of the 10K would have been a forum reader on xda/ac/etc.

on the flipside, why would sprint have confirmed to so many people (assuming they are telling the truth)

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

What phone does Sprint have that will be on 4.2 that would determine a change within Sprint Zone?

I was referring to the rash of updates on all the other apps (I got a lot of updates too), not Sprint Zone specifically. I've noticed that on or about the time any new increment to Android is released, most of the developers on the Play Store will update their apps to ensure compatibility. The Sprint Zone update could very well be a precursor to an OTA, or it may not be. We wouldn't know for sure without a changelog.

All we have is an alleged screen shot from a "friend," and a few "confirmations" from Sprint CSRs - who we all know are notoriously clueless. Not a word from any "official" channels. Everything is rumor and innuendo until a credible source confirms an actual update on their phone.

mrhankey184

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

If it was true, then I would have thought at least one of the 10K would have been a forum reader on xda/ac/etc.

on the flipside, why would sprint have confirmed to so many people (assuming they are telling the truth)

This could be the largest hoax since the Loch Ness or the Book of Mormon >.>

dyphx

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Sprint Care (@sprintcare) tweeted at 2:14 PM on Fri, Nov 16, 2012:
@supermanbren007 Can't wait for that either. The update will come in waves starting today. Our EVO LTEs will be happy. *HMS

onehotpocket

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

I just searched Twitter for this that tweet. It's legitimate. Update coming today then?

But who knows. The Sprint tech could just be referring the PRL or Sprint Zone update.

Capture.JPG

ne0shi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

And yet this was just tweeted:

Sprint Care‏@sprintcare

@jimmyg41 I was just reading through those rumors myself. Unfortunately there is no official word on the release of JB for the EVO LTE. *BJ

AND

Sprint Care‏@sprintcare

@supermanbren007 I do apologize. The update is to improve the current software on the device. No mention of Jelly Bean being released. *HMS

Soo... NOT JB.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    97.5 KB · Views: 260

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

And yet this was just tweeted:

Sprint Care‏@sprintcare

@jimmyg41 I was just reading through those rumors myself. Unfortunately there is no official word on the release of JB for the EVO LTE. *BJ

AND

Sprint Care‏@sprintcare

@supermanbren007 I do apologize. The update is to improve the current software on the device. No mention of Jelly Bean being released. *HMS

Soo... NOT JB.

Life as an EVO LTE owner has been tough since day one.

Sent from my EVO L(a)TE using Android Central Forums.

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

@sprintcare has not updated their twitter for the last 5 hours, so I am glad you are all having some fun, so unless those are DMs, not cool.

timtlm

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site

Those 3 letters at the end of each tweet indicate who in a large group of sprintcare twitter customer care reps tweeted each message. So, this is probably not much different than talking to someone on the phone.

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Well, I apologize for my last post.(eating crow) I did only have No replies checked. Sorry about that. Well that sucks.

balansboy

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site

I'm still holding out that it's JB. It sounds to me like they acknowledged JB, then had to backtrack because Sprint hasn't officially announced it.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

I think the rash of updates has more to do with the release of android 4.2 than anything specific to our phones.

Even though I'm rooted and have been running JB (CM10) since early August, I'm still following this closely to see what (if any) improvements the move to JB will bring to Sense.

That's pretty much what I said,,, that I think an update is close because all of updates to my apps.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

There are actually photo's to prove nessi's existence. P.S. not taken with my evo4g
e2a7ugyn.jpg

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2