Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

sieg6

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Call tomorrow when an employee is at work . Ask them to look in the computers . I bet it would say same thing we are seeing in that picture

mrhankey184

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
What we need is a person on the technical side inside sprint. I believe the document listing the update, but all these support people seem to have is the same info we do.

These people with sprint "connections" are saying that the sprint people are asking us if we have the update yet

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

How slow is the roll out? 1 phone a day? I cant imagine not one person verifying the update with screen shots.

sgt. slaughter

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Ok don't believe me . 3 people on this forum said about the same thing .also u should read it again . Did you notice that the date they put up 15+ would be available to "clients " . They are just releasing to small amount of people. There are a lot of people who does not know anything about forums that probably received the update

I extremely doubt that is the case at all... They do their slow rollout in the way of allowing customers to initiate the OTA on their own for a small window by manually checking for updates. Then if all is well they start pushing an OTA Update notification to handsets for the update in batches till everyone has it...

Trust me if it were released in ANY form by now, then it would have a been noted somewhere other than here, or confirmed by someone other than sites referencing the pic here OR ones that got a regular sprint employee to give them an answer....which we all kbow the later part there is never to be believed in itself as you can get a rep to tell you the EVOLTE can do WiMAX and WiMAX is still rolling out now...lol

PS.

Go back and read the document again...it states "...client initiated..." Not that it will be available to a small subset... Client initiated is what I explained above.. the available in small batches follow that on the 26th according to that document anyway so your facts themself are skewed...

In the end everyone needs to just stop asking Sprint CS reps bc they don't know anymore then we do and by the time they do we will already know ourselves... Take everything they say with a giant grain of salt. Even if it is a friend...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Ok don't believe me . 3 people on this forum said about the same thing .also u should read it again . Did you notice that the date they put up 15+ would be available to "clients " . They are just releasing to small amount of people. There are a lot of people who does not know anything about forums that probably received the update

Did I ever say I didn't believe you? I said I thought the document is legit. But I've heard of a grand total of 0 people rocking an update so far. So clearly there's a delay and to find our the real story we need info from someone who handles the roll out and not just support people.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the link

I just have a feeling this is one of those times where the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the link

I just have a feeling this is one of those times where the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

Ditto! I would also think that if this were true, which I believe that there is a 50/50 chance it is, that someone here would have seen the update already and reported it. Kind of hard to believe that as many of us that follow this board and A/C in general, that no one here has received it yet.

unitedflow

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

First sprintcare said that we are getting, then, then we weren't, and now we are.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Last night I was on the phone with my friend who work at sprint . I forgot he worked there for customer support . He called me asking if I had gotten the update yet that was rolling out from the 15 . On his computer it shows the EVO LTE receiving Jelly bean from the 15-27 in small batches . After that everyone could hit the update to download .

That's exactly what the Sprint csr told me 2 days ago. Jelly Bean update that is 348MB in size. Limited release until the 27th.
Then it will be pushed automatically to everyone's phone.
He went on to say to manually push the update to your phone.
You have to clear data in your google services framework in your app manager. Force close google services framework. Then manually
Check for htc software update.
And it should be there.

Sent from my Coconut Wireless

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

I tried that the other day with no luck, anybody tried it today?

I'm trying to avoid reboots

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Now I know we're gettin trolled!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Have you tried calling Sprint?
They will tell you that there is a Jelly bean update that's being released.
I did call a second time to follow up on the call I made to days ago.
Spoke to a Diane. She confirmed
That jelly bean is being released as we speak. I did mention that nobody i have seen on the forums
Have received the update yet?
She said as far as the information she has? The update should be live.
If not? the hold up is on htc's end.
Not Sprint's.

Aspasia13

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

That's exactly what the Sprint csr told me 2 days ago. Jelly Bean update that is 348MB in size. Limited release until the 27th.
Then it will be pushed automatically to everyone's phone.
He went on to say to manually push the update to your phone.
You have to clear data in your google services framework in your app manager. Force close google services framework. Then manually
Check for htc software update.
And it should be there.

I gave it the benefit of the doubt and tried it several times on multiple days at multiple times of day and night, and every time there is no update available.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

I gave it the benefit of the doubt and tried it several times on multiple days at multiple times of day and night, and every time there is no update available.

Sorry it doesn't work yet.
It is so weird that even on the
Net, one x users in Asia & Europe
Are only now getting jb update
in very limited amounts. From what I gather the JB update is from HTC
And not their local carrier's?
This could be the case with Sprint?

That HTC sent them a memo regarding JB would be pushed for Sprint's EVO 4G LTE in limited amounts during the 15-27.
And to everyone after the 27th.

I'm thinking HTC will release JB
Soon after The One X Asia & Europe
Is well into their roll out or after