Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

Geezerb

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Don't care? How arrogant of you to assume you are the only phone Sprint supports. Your phone does work so relax & wait for the update. Would you rather they release it with problems? That would surely make this thread grow!

Ryan Button

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

i sent this to sprint and HTC on twitter today and no response from either. and i sent it at 10 in the morning

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-11-20-16-41-28-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-11-20-16-41-28-1.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 148

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site

It is a valid point, but if Sprint denied the update this thread wouldn't be 16 pages, it would be 2 at best. Rumors come, we all call sprint to verify and tech support, @sprintcare says Yes, an update is coming so now we want it...yes we are impatient, but give us a time frame. There is someone in software developement that knew this awhile ago, and could give us a better time frame or let customer service know internally so they have something to tell us, so Sprint doesn't look like they flat out don't care.

The problem is people are taking the leaked information and running with whatever part they want and then getting upset.

If you take the information as a whole, the update (if it's real) isn't "late" until after the 27th. Instead people are acting with petulant behavior because they want it now.

mike31082

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site

I completely agee. I really wish the OEM skins where just that, skin/themes that where optional to the end user to apply after the phone was set up (similar to how Sense themes work or launchers. They sit on top of the OS rather than embedded into it). We would see phones getting more timely updates to when Google updates the OS.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

I completely agee. I really wish the OEM skins where just that, skin/themes that where optional to the end user to apply after the phone was set up (similar to how Sense themes work or launchers. They sit on top of the OS rather than embedded into it). We would see phones getting more timely updates to when Google updates the OS.

It also would take more processing and memory and the features would be much less useful.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

The problem is people are taking the leaked information and running with whatever part they want and then getting upset.

If you take the information as a whole, the update (if it's real) isn't "late" until after the 27th. Instead people are acting with petulant behavior because they want it now.

A few things, one, the "leaked" info only started this,it's been fueled by all of the inconsistent sprint tweets & emails. This really didn't take off until sprint fanned the fire

Two, I think people are more excited to get any update at all out of HTC, it's not that we're so impatient for jb. We don't want the update now we want it months ago when our contacts got broke!

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, um, no.

^^^This.

I understand how you feel, but what I don't understand is why you would get any phone other than a Nexus. If updates is your main priority, then getting a phone from HTC, Samsung, LG, etc., should be your last choice.

sgt. slaughter

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

I just called. Spoke to 3 different people until I finally got to somebody higher up who confirmed the update was going out too like 1000 devices at a time or something. I questioned her about the screen shot and she wouldn't confirm it but from what she said it sounded like she was looking at the same screen. She said we would get the update soon but there is no way to force iit. HTC said they got the update to sprint end of the month and sprint would push it out by the end of this month. It is Jelly Bean by the way according to HTC. So all is good.

Yeah that's a lie, flat out. When its in stream anyone can manually pull, and then they switch to push mode.

Like I said earlier people need to calm down and stop bugging sprint reps for details as they know nothing at all. It's a waste of everyone's time in the end of things, and you'll get 100 different answers from them making it pointless.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that's a lie, flat out. When its in stream anyone can manually pull, and then they switch to push mode.

Like I said earlier people need to calm down and stop bugging sprint reps for details as they know nothing at all. It's a waste of everyone's time in the end of things, and you'll get 100 different answers from them making it pointless.

True, let's change things around when we call. Tell them we have proof that JB is pending for the iPhone or something and see how many of them say "Yes, it's coming in waves.. blah blah.. Have your heard that you can get a free phone by starting a 2nd or 3rd line of service?"

Those poor reps are so misinformed.

Ryan Button

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

No offense, but I wouldn't be in a hurry to answer a question phrased with that tone either.

Yeah but sprint has been giving us the run around and I get your point but we need to get a little more stern with them and I was just doing something somebody else suggested.

Last edited:

spencer311

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Well if they never fix the issues I wan't them to know I have continually had issues with the phone so hopefully they can give me an early upgrade or something. I have no problem bugging them about an issue that they have not fixed in 3 months...

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

True, let's change things around when we call. Tell them we have proof that JB is pending for the iPhone or something and see how many of them say "Yes, it's coming in waves.. blah blah.. Have your heard that you can get a free phone by starting a 2nd or 3rd line of service?"

Those poor reps are so misinformed.

I heard we're getting android 7.0 jelly filled doughnut

sgt. slaughter

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Well if they never fix the issues I wan't them to know I have continually had issues with the phone so hopefully they can give me an early upgrade or something. I have no problem bugging them about an issue that they have not fixed in 3 months...

Bug them about issues is one thing.

Asking about update and how its rolled out is another.

The 2nd one is pointless.

mike31082

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site

It also would take more processing and memory and the features would be much less useful.

While I am aware of that, it would be less intrusive on the OS. I mean if you took stock android and wanted to put it on any phone, all it would really take is a new driver and carrier certification. That should not take the 2-3 moths that it is taking these OEM to get updates out. By the time they are, newer version has already been released as it is. JB hasn't even hit the majority of the higher end Android phones and 4.1.2 has already been released with even more features.

zakphi

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

While I am aware of that, it would be less intrusive on the OS. I mean if you took stock android and wanted to put it on any phone, all it would really take is a new driver and carrier certification. That should not take the 2-3 moths that it is taking these OEM to get updates out. By the time they are, newer version has already been released as it is. JB hasn't even hit the majority of the higher end Android phones and 4.1.2 has already been released with even more features.

welcome to the "wonderful" world of technology. if you take a look at iProducts, their products have a shelf life of what, 6ish months. you don't see them complaining. plus, i rather companies not to rush their software because that leads to bugs and then people like us complaining.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

welcome to the "wonderful" world of technology. if you take a look at iProducts, their products have a shelf life of what, 6ish months. you don't see them complaining. plus, i rather companies not to rush their software because that leads to bugs and then people like us complaining.

Think the next update won't have bugs? And delaying updates/updgrades is different than delaying fixes.

zakphi

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Think the next update won't have bugs? And delaying updates/updgrades is different than delaying fixes.

no, i dont think that. no software is perfect. but if google didn't rush to release their OS to the public, they wouldn't have missed forgetting to add the month of december.

unlike some people surfing these forums, i don't have any problems that need fixing. i guess i was lucky and got a good working phone.