Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

mrhankey184

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

The screenshot is what started this mess. And I'm sure they wouldn't call out all of the fixes that get lumped in with a jb upgrade.

look at the difference between the OP screen shot and that screen shot. Where did the new one come from? I've never seen that and I check it daily.

themuffinman

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site

look at the difference between the OP screen shot and that screen shot. Where did the new one come from? I've never seen that and I check it daily.

That must be some good eggnog you must be drinking, look at the 3rd post in this thread and its the same screen shot.

sgt. slaughter

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

http://forums.androidcentral.com/at...evo-4g-lte-uploadfromtaptalk1352902515967.jpg

+
~350k

that is a lot of EVO LTEs.

"network initiated" should have started today (11/26)

Totally beside the point here. The progressive rollout is for push notifications in the network initiated part. The FIRST part of the rollout is client initiated which is the user manually checking for update and pulling it themselves... Till this part happens there is no update, its not limited by serial/imei or whatever during the client initiated part.

Some reason people forget how this process works in reality here....not saying you yourself do, but others here are claiming some things that are not true in terms of how rollouts work.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

scratchfwb

May 10, 2012
Visit site

On a lighter note, just received a "Sprint Zone" update notification. Updated..and getting message that "update is corrupt, can't open Sprint Zone, try again later"... Glad I don't use it....

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

Hello. Just wanted to say hi. I've been reading this thread for a while now. I hope we get JB in the near future.

tain311

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

I decided I won't worry about JB anymore until I hear something official from sprint or htc, but I still keep hitting "check now"

celticking

May 16, 2012
Visit site

Finally got tired with the launcher lag and threw nova launcher on here. So smooth and I still have the sense camera app. Seriously considering jumping back to cm10.

Sent from my EVO

zakphi

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

since we have not heard anything official from Sprint/HTC about the JB update I just want to throw a question out there: would you guys rather receive JB 4.1.X (hopefully) this week or have HTC/Sprint announce JB 4.2.X with an expected date?

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

since we have not heard anything official from Sprint/HTC about the JB update I just want to throw a question out there: would you guys rather receive JB 4.1.X (hopefully) this week or have HTC/Sprint announce JB 4.2.X with an expected date?

Would be happy with 4.12 by the end of the month.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Ics fix this week that addresses contact and network issues and 4.2 in January.

But I'll take a non buggy 4.1 this week too

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site

At this point I'll go back to Gingerbread for a fix for the contacts issue.

The holiday weekend was not fun with a busted contacts app.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

I always like to get updates, but this phone already works perfectly for me!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Me too! I'm floored by all the reported problems on here with this phone. It works absolutely flawlessly for me, exactly as I had hoped for, and I put it through it's paces.... Update or not. I'm good.

mrhankey184

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

At this point I'll go back to Gingerbread for a fix for the contacts issue.

The holiday weekend was not fun with a busted contacts app.

*this - it takes me 2-3 minutes for contacts to unfreeze and a regular phone call to go through. I'm using this EVO LTE as a business phone...diaster!

Lil21kev

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site

So I sent HTC and email about the bugs in the phone and the lack of communication with the update and this is what they said....

Thank you for contacting us. Kevin, we understand how important it is to have your HTC device updated.
We are open to receive all the feedback you can provide us; we sincerely appreciate it, our customer?s voice is the most important part of HTC, and we always put the customer at the center of our business.

We are excited about the latest update for Android, Jelly Bean, and are currently reviewing its features and functionality to determine upgrade plans for our product portfolio. While our goal is to bring the latest software updates to as many of our recent devices as possible, we are committed to maintaining every phone's performance and usability first. Please stay tuned for updates on specific device upgrade plans.

We will make sure to take your advice in practice for the updates we will release

If you need further assistance please reply this message. As always it was my pleasure to assist you.

So then I replied and said that wasnt the answer I wanted lol and they said...

Thank you for taking the time to share that information with us. Kevin, I am sorry for not to be able to provide you an straight answer about the update, as it is still under development, we have not decided if it will be available for your phone or not.

Not Happy!!!!! :mad:

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

we are committed to maintaining every phone's performance and usability first.

My a$$!

Don't read to much into the pre canned answers though, jelly bean could be rolling out tomorrow and you would still get the same cut and paste answer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781