Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

w5cyc

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

*this - it takes me 2-3 minutes for contacts to unfreeze and a regular phone call to go through. I'm using this EVO LTE as a business phone...diaster!

I had that problem too. Ticked me off. So I restarted the phone, and contacts came up instantly. Now, I just restart the phone as soon as I take it off the charger every morning, and I have no problems during the day. SHOULD WE HAVE TO DO THIS? Maybe not. Is it a minimal effort fix that can get me to liking my phone again rather than hating it? Yep. No big deal.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

I had that problem too. Ticked me off. So I restarted the phone, and contacts came up instantly. Now, I just restart the phone as soon as I take it off the charger every morning, and I have no problems during the day. SHOULD WE HAVE TO DO THIS? Maybe not. Is it a minimal effort fix that can get me to liking my phone again rather than hating it? Yep. No big deal.

I've also found that if I find messaging or the People app lagging, I can go into Task Manager, close out a few apps, and it'll work fine. A hassle? Yes, but at least a fairly quick fix, but without restarting.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

My phone is encrypted so there's that little fun with every restart, plus my apps don't always show up (there's another thread for that) so I try to minimize my reboots and that's not a viable option for me but I'm glad if it helps you out until we get a real fix

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

Well, this is priceless. I had a ticket opened with HTC, and after several attempts to get me updated, sent me a request for a number of items regarding my phone, and perhaps a few questions about shoe size. :)

After finally sending them all this, I just got this response:

"Thank you for all the additional information John. We have already started developing an update for your phone. Once available, it will be delivered to your phone through an over-the-air (OTA ) process and you should receive a notification indicating the update is available for download. We appreciate your patience as we've worked to quickly address this issue. Unfortunately I do not have an exact ETA to provide you today, I would suggest to periodically check for available updates. Remember you will receive direct notification of any updates and maintenance releases once they are available for download and installation."

Doh!

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I've also found that if I find messaging or the People app lagging, I can go into Task Manager, close out a few apps, and it'll work fine. A hassle? Yes, but at least a fairly quick fix, but without restarting.

That's especially irritating because you always see random stuff in there. I'll see apps in there that I haven't used in days, and sometimes pre-installed stuff that I have never used. Also, there is always at least 150 MB ram free, yet clearing out 20-30 MB of tasks running makes it start working again. It makes no sense.

It feels like I'm running Windows 98 on my phone.

gpdaddy95

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Re: It's coming jelly bean!

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
Seems like HTC is on the ball boys and girls. Flagship phone....

Well, it's the 27th. My HTC EVO 4G LaTE is up to date. NO 3.15.651.11 on my phone. HOAX! HOAX! HOAX! Merry Christmas from the fine folks at HTC and Sprint.

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site

Alright zmann, where are you? Its the 27th, your source is wrong? How disappointing! I believed in you! Lol

BigPuddin

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

Thank you for taking the time to share that information with us. Kevin, I am sorry for not to be able to provide you an straight answer about the update, as it is still under development, we have not decided if it will be available for your phone or not.

Never buying a non-Nexus ever again.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Alright zmann, where are you? Its the 27th, your source is wrong? How disappointing! I believed in you! Lol

Maybe he was kidnapped again....

For me 9am central on Wednesday is the cut off for the week that I expect to see an update (just from what I've seen in the past and what seems to makes sense, after that I stop checking and try again the following week)

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

I don't know what all the fuss is about. At least we got a Sprint Zone update today.....I mean really, did you all really expect to get JB today????

I hope the rest of the Sprint bloatware gets updated today as well.

tony404

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site

In reality they dont have to do anything, most of us are locked in a contract and they know that. A cell phone contract is the most one sided agreement on the planet.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

I don't know what all the fuss is about. At least we got a Sprint Zone update today.....I mean really, did you all really expect to get JB today????

We want fixes so this phone is usable again. 2 cans a string work faster than this thing right now. If you are lucky enough that you don't have all the problems then good on you, but the rest of us have been chomping at the bit for months. If you read the whole thread it's more about fixes than it is getting jb.

And does anybody really care about sprint zone?

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Sprint music & nascar. Do it sprint

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

Alright I'm right here and again, my comment said "by end of the month".

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

Just for the record if by the end of the month we don't have any update,, like I said,, then I will eat crow on behalf of my no longer reliable source but one thing I will not do is hide,, because in reality I could not care less. So many more important things I dwell on every day then a phone update. Just being real
:D

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000