Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

I don't think this is actually a fix. In the comments someone mentioned that a different ROM does the same thing the app does and it still didn't work. Has anyone tried this app to see if it fixes it?

In brief testing it seems to be working. I opened a few tabs in Chrome and several other apps and went back to contacts and it didn't hang. Doing that usually causes the lag.

Later tonight will be the true test.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

Ive heard rumors of a company overseas that makes a CDMA version of the nexus 4 that will run on sprint/Verizon but I don't put to much stock into rumors. Plus you would probably have to pay full price for it and I doubt sprint/Verizon would activate it because it didn't come from them.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

smkyle

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Follow up question:
Is there a CDMA mode analogous to HSPA+? And currently, what is the fastest connection that both Verizon and Sprint phones can access?

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site

Here's my thinking and take into account there's nothing scientific behind it. Eventually this device will get jb. It would be absolutely insane for a device this new not to. My phone works absolutely fine (2nd phone) first one had signal issues and came down with terrible screen flicker. I understand everyone wanting the update due to their issues and if I were having them I would be up sprints you know what til I got a new phone. Just the same I hit the update button about 3 times a day :D

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

padre1357

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site

HTC released the source code for the droid dna today. How long has that phone been out? Very positive sign. Also, the overwhelming popularity of the Nexus 4 is a clear signal to the rest of the industry that people will take quick updates and transparency over skins. At least that's how I interpret it.

Does anyone know if an unbranded CDMA Nexus is a possibility?

God I hope so.

as for the people that keep saying quit crying, or we're acting entitled, or just root it. thats a load of ****. my outlook is this, we didnt buy a camaro hoping to upgrade it to a corvette. we bought a fully loaded corvette w all th bells and whistles, was given an upgrade that turned our vettes into camaros.rooting is great if you want to turn your vette into a drag car. we shouldnt have to fix on our own what they did to our phones. i just want a fix that fixes what they screwed up so i have what i paid for. if its jb, awesome...... if its just a fix great. if theres still issues they are working out, TELL US!!!!!!!!!!! they got me so frustrated at this point i need a beer and to take my bike out for a mind clearing soul calming ride

smkyle

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

God I hope so.

as for the people that keep saying quit crying, or we're acting entitled, or just root it. thats a load of ****. my outlook is this, we didnt buy a camaro hoping to upgrade it to a corvette. we bought a fully loaded corvette w all th bells and whistles, was given an upgrade that turned our vettes into camaros.rooting is great if you want to turn your vette into a drag car. we shouldnt have to fix on our own what they did to our phones. i just want a fix that fixes what they screwed up so i have what i paid for. if its jb, awesome...... if its just a fix great. if theres still issues they are working out, TELL US!!!!!!!!!!! they got me so frustrated at this point i need a beer and to take my bike out for a mind clearing soul calming ride

Drinking and driving always does wonders for my mental health. I'm glad I'm not alone

thepowerofdonuts

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Follow up question:
Is there a CDMA mode analogous to HSPA+? And currently, what is the fastest connection that both Verizon and Sprint phones can access?

No, It is far more cost effective to upgrade to LTE than to upgrade existing CDMA 3G networks. Evdo Rev. B will not increase speeds, so we're stuck at 7.2Mbps theoretically. In practice it's lower.

Edit: Actually with Rev. B you can use more carriers (spectrum) to speed up connection, but upgrading and keeping the same number of carriers will not result in higher speeds.

kingterrykimble

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Either the sprintcare rep is a total idiot (which may be the case) or we may actually be getting an "bug fix" update on ICS. Either way, Sprint/HTC has dropped the ball with lack of info

padre1357

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site

i fear out of the two devices i have that are rumored to get jb, my meadowbrook will see it b4 my tab or phone does

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

However we look at this it's a real sign, just sayin...
a6une9ar.jpg

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2

rpinnocent

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

No, It is far more cost effective to upgrade to LTE than to upgrade existing CDMA 3G networks. Evdo Rev. B will not increase speeds, so we're stuck at 7.2Mbps theoretically. In practice it's lower.

Edit: Actually with Rev. B you can use more carriers (spectrum) to speed up connection, but upgrading and keeping the same number of carriers will not result in higher speeds.

Evdo Rev.A' theoretical max is 3.1, Not sure where your getting 7.2 from

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

Samsung is closer to releasing JB for the PREDECESSOR of the SGSIII than HTC is to the current flagship.

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

while the delay is excusable their PR efforts have been horrible.

as someone with a background in PR, I would be embarrassed to work in sprints customer care/PR department.

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

while the delay is excusable their PR efforts have been horrible.

as someone with a background in PR, I would be embarrassed to work in sprints customer care/PR department.

This times a 1000. There is absolutely no excuse as to why Sprint hasn't come clean with an official response to what has been happening during this entire fiasco.