Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

dodgermspt

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Lol I didn't type it. I was using the voice thing and letting google type it for me! Didn't notice that when I was done talking it did not add any punctuation! First time using it, I thought it worked pretty well besides that.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

Lol I didn't type it. I was using the voice thing and letting google type it for me! Didn't notice that when I was done talking it did not add any punctuation! First time using it, I thought it worked pretty well besides that.

Yeah, you have to say the punctuation when your saying what you want typed.

RandomNickname

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, that's actually REALLY solid. Now I need to try it out. dammit!

dlocks

May 31, 2010
Visit site

So I happened to meet a gentleman whos an engeener and works for the company that provides LTE engeneers and tech for wireless carriers, and he was telling me that you will never see saturated LTE coverage from Sprint with the speed they're working on it. Sprint is only trying to add city names in its LTE list to make it look good. In fact they only add a few towers in each city, usually near major highways/downtown and move on to the next one. He believes Sprint LTE is just a BS cuz Sprint is not spending any extra dollars on it. And there is a very small percentage of their people work with sprint, most of them are contracted for Verizon and ATT.

Please check the link below for the best info you can find about Network Vision.
Network, Network Vision/LTE Deployment - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Just called Sprint and talk to another customer service rep who actually works with the updates he said that there was an update that they release but then HTC pulled the update on November 29th after I was done talking with him I called HTC spoke to a woman who said yes they did really see update but then pulled it because they weren't happy with something and then it should come soon she said that you can go to the website and check for the updates but for some reason it is down right now and she cannot check either she said that when it comes back up you should be able to check for any updates but she confirmed that there was an actual update

So if I'm going to infer anything from this it's that the update should be sooner than later, and one day the update will just be there without any heads up or announcement.

Thanks for the info

dodgermspt

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Just called Sprint and talk to another customer service rep who actually works with the updates he said that there was an update that they release but then HTC pulled the update on November 29th after I was done talking with him I called HTC spoke to a woman who said yes they did really see update but then pulled it because they weren't happy with something and then it should come soon she said that you can go to the website and check for the updates but for some reason it is down right now and she cannot check either she said that when it comes back up you should be able to check for any updates but she confirmed that there was an actual update

Also when I was speaking to the Sprint rep . He said that it was just a MR update. He also stated that when they pulled it, they are trying to roll this into the new OS system but he said he wasn't making any promises if that information is correct

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site

I think I'm just gonna unsubscribe. Can't take the suspense anymore lol.

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site

Also when I was speaking to the Sprint rep . He said that it was just a MR update. He also stated that when they pulled it, they are trying to roll this into the new OS system but he said he wasn't making any promises if that information is correct

MR update? What is that? Mentally ed?

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site

Oops, guess i cant use the word that is slang for individuals that are mentally challenged, which is weird because my sister is "mentally challenged" and i an positive that even the doctors we used to go to back in the early 80s used the R word, i feel its ok, due to the fact that she is not challenged, as if she were to try harder she would over come! Lol, sorry about the use of the word and the rant

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

my brother knew there is an update and he texted me saying he just got one....

he sent a screen cap and sure enough it was the last one.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

I think I'm just gonna unsubscribe. Can't take the suspense anymore lol.

You will miss very valuable information about your own phone it you do.lol:thumbup::D

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

my brother knew there is an update and he texted me saying he just got one....

he sent a screen cap and sure enough it was the last one.

You mean the last, last one or the last one before that last one? Thanks :D:beer:

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2

kmarx

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

HTC was supposed to have the Jelly Bean update on their websiteI was told by a store tech that I have known for a while, so it must have been pulled. Today I went to HTCs web page to look at their software upates and earlier and the page wasn't available, now it comes back upt Jelly Bean isn't there still. I just got my EVO last week. It kind of concerns me that HTC makes it so hard to find The EVO on their web page compared to all their othrer phones and htcsense.com is not supported in the US. Seems to me like HTC doesn't have much focus on the EVO LTE

Thinking about an GSIII instead but not sure about another Samung after all the issues had with my Epic.

sgt. slaughter

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

So I happened to meet a gentleman whos an engeener and works for the company that provides LTE engeneers and tech for wireless carriers, and he was telling me that you will never see saturated LTE coverage from Sprint with the speed they're working on it. Sprint is only trying to add city names in its LTE list to make it look good. In fact they only add a few towers in each city, usually near major highways/downtown and move on to the next one. He believes Sprint LTE is just a BS cuz Sprint is not spending any extra dollars on it. And there is a very small percentage of their people work with sprint, most of them are contracted for Verizon and ATT.

Lol!

That guy is completely full of crap. One that doesn't know a dang thing that they are talking about at that.

The only thing he is correct about is that there are very few ppl that work for sprint that are apart of building out the network vision upgrades and lte..... That's because they contracted out the work to Samsung, Ericsson, and Alcatel Lucent!! Just about everyone knows that. Lol

It will be blanketed point blank.

Sounds more like this nimrod is talking about clears WiMAX rollout...

Really boils the blood when ppl speak on a topic and know zip about it. No offense to you as ur just relaying his info. My words are more directed at the individual that told you those.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech