Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

I gave up - just flashed my EVO LTE to CM10 with the 4.2 camera/gallery and it works perfectly. Have fun with the thread, folks!

I'm actually going to be a little sad when it comes out... this thread will become a fleeting memory of happy-fun-nerd-time. :'(

slayerpsp

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Re: It's coming jelly bean!

I added a line giving the Evo to the kid for xmas tired of the non support for this phone only 33 Gameloft games but the same phone on ATT with different name gets more. the same cpu and gpu as the gs3 but less support I changed my build prop to GS III to get the apps i want shouldn't have to do that so I got a Note 2 way more support tons more apps im done with HTC nice phones but way less support then Samsung gets, JB should have happened already

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

I added a line giving the Evo to the kid for xmas tired of the non support for this phone only 33 Gameloft games but the same phone on ATT with different name gets more. the same cpu and gpu as the gs3 but less support I changed my build prop to GS III to get the apps i want shouldn't have to do that so I got a Note 2 way more support tons more apps im done with HTC nice phones but way less support then Samsung gets, JB should have happened already

JB isn't even on the att/vrz gs3 yet. The 1x on att is also in the dark.

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Jelly Bean for the GS3 on AT&T was released yesterday.

If we get it this week. A lot of complainers will go away. Just because the device doesn't get it first, doesn't mean the oem doesn't care. Samsung made the Galaxy Nexus, figures they could push out updates quicker. My Evo is a big upgrade from my old phone. Jb will make things even better.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

I feel your pain with the Gameloft issue but I don't think that's the fault of the device. That was most certainly a Gameloft thing. They were dropping the ball on their end, although they have updated things so that most of them work now.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

Christmas? Well... the usual family stuff I guess. 24 hours of "A Christmas Story" and a big dinner. I think I'm starting a new job shortly, too, as Phil has "liked" a post and partially quoted another. Obviously I am now on the AC payroll. I'm just waiting for the paperwork to come in the mail, so that's my gift to myself.

sieg6

May 9, 2012
Visit site

I had the same problem with Gameloft ,especially when games were on sale. What bugs me is the fact the games don't show up for EVO ,but for the One X . What I did was buy the game from another device compatible.Next I emailed Gameloft. And they sent me a working version of the game for EVO . Make no sense not to show it on website but have game for the Evo anyways .

kmarx

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

I was told by one of the in store sprint techs that I have known for a long for a long time that Jelly Bean was supposed to be up on HTC.com so I have been looking. It seems that HTC doesnt make it easy to find the EVO LTE on their webpage so I am wondering how much they care about this phone. They may have pulled the update too because I couldn't find the old updates for a while yesterday either. But no the Jelly Bean update has not been on there. It kind of bothers me how long it takes to find the EVO LTE on the HTC webpage.

charlesspivak1

May 5, 2010
Visit site

I too love that Phil gave us some feedback, albeit vague. At least he recognized the importance of it, and this thread. Unfortunately all I have is this from this morning :(

Attachments

• HTC Post.JPG
    HTC Post.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 198

andrewvig

May 18, 2010
Visit site

Even without confirmation of an install I still did my hourly check for update (tick) I have developed. The only difference is I turned on Chariots of Fire and did it in slow motion.. To no avail. Still didn't have one. Special thanks to Phil though. Love that guy.

ncfanboy

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

After the world ends on 12-21 this thread will be moot!:mad::(

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I just want jelly bean before the end of the world is that too much to ask Sprint and HTC I mean come on. :banghead:

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

It seems that HTC doesnt make it easy to find the EVO LTE on their webpage so I am wondering how much they care about this phone.[...] It kind of bothers me how long it takes to find the EVO LTE on the HTC webpage.

?? I went to htc.com, clicked on support, scrolled down to HTC Evo 4G LTE, and done. How is that hard to find? Took me about 10 seconds...

HTC EVO 4G LTE support
HTC EVO 4G LTE Updates

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463