Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

dodgermspt

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Just keeping everyone in the loop it's all probably stuff that we've heard already before

Thanks for contacting HTC Technical Support Center in regards to knowing when are the updates going to be available.

Travis; we know HTC fans are excited to get their hands on Google?s latest version of Android. At this point in time, we can confirm that we have plans to upgrade our HTC One X, HTC One XL and HTC One S to Jelly Bean. Please stay tuned for more updates regarding device upgrades, timing and other details about HTC and Jelly Bean.

In regards to the ringtones on your HTC EVO 4G LTE, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, Timothy. We understand how frustrating is not to be able to customize the ringtones with your contacts. This option was disabled with the last software update. If you have an EVO 4G LTE, an update for this device is currently under development in order to fix the issue. You will receive the update notification or manually check for updates and pull the update. Once you have the update installed, all the custom ringtones assigned to contacts will then work. Here at HTC, we are working hard in order to launch the update as soon as possible.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site

Ok im lost... Did I miss something? I have read through and I cant find where anything confirmed this week. Not arguing just trying to see what I am missing,

That's just sgt. Trying to stay relevant! J/k, he keeps giving these subtle little hints like he actually may know something but can't say because his wife may divorce him, or something to that effect! Lol

GothamKnight

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site

Just keeping everyone in the loop it's all probably stuff that we've heard already before

Thanks for contacting HTC Technical Support Center in regards to knowing when are the updates going to be available.

Travis; we know HTC fans are excited to get their hands on Google?s latest version of Android. At this point in time, we can confirm that we have plans to upgrade our HTC One X, HTC One XL and HTC One S to Jelly Bean. Please stay tuned for more updates regarding device upgrades, timing and other details about HTC and Jelly Bean.
No word on our EVOLTE.. :(

dodgermspt

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

And this one from sprint.

Good morning, I am not on here to complain. But what I would like to know is when will we get some kind of news about the jelly bean update for the evo 4G lte. There are all kinds of rumors out that have come and gone about release dates and all I am looking for is a date for some kind of news about the update. Maybe a press release of some kind I have seen many others ask when the update is coming and I keep seeing soon. But that means many different things to different people, and a day, couple days, and a week, or a month? I have been with well Nextel for a long time then sprint took over. I have no complaints with you guys except with everyone trying to get information on this update they are being mislead from people @sprintcare with people saying it's already out, to its not even coming out, to you should be getting it soon. It would be greatly appreciated if you could get me and everyone else a true answer on a release date for jelly bean or if it isn't jelly bean and simply a fix to ice cream sandwich a date or press release date that we can go off of. I would appreciate it if it is not just a generic answer as well. Thanks and keep up the good work and have a great day

Like ? Comment

Write a comment...

Sprint Travis - Thank you for that great post. Unfortunately the update to Jelly Bean has yet to be announced. HTC has yet to give us any confirmation on the matter of when to expect it. Anything out there at this point is speculation. I wish I had a more precise answer to your question, but that information is as of yet unavailable. Thanks,

from my EVO using Android Central Forums

sgt. slaughter

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

That's just sgt. Trying to stay relevant! J/k, he keeps giving these subtle little hints like he actually may know something but can't say because his wife may divorce him, or something to that effect! Lol

Haha we shall see in the end...

Maybe I know somin..... And maybe Ima troll... Hehe

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

bc2k

May 18, 2010
Visit site

All I know for sure is there's no way I'm taking a bet that might end up with me using a Justin Bieber avatar pic. That's just too much to ask.

A man's gotta maintain some personal dignity and self respect with his avatar pick, know what I mean?

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site

Haha we shall see in the end...

Maybe I know somin..... And maybe Ima troll... Hehe

Ok, new bet, is Sgt. A troll, or does he actually know something? Winner will receive a lifetime supply of who gives a s...! Lol

erichinosis

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

Has anybody thought about what they plan on doing to fill their time once the update comes out and we are no longer led to this thread multiple times everyday. I think starting a new one called "update to Key Lime coming" sounds like a good way to fill that void.

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

Has anybody thought about what they plan on doing to fill their time once the update comes out and we are no longer led to this thread multiple times everyday. I think starting a new one called "update to Key Lime coming" sounds like a good way to fill that void.

I might get back to doing my job like I get paid to do every day.

spencer311

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Well cm10 just got an amazing update and I for one am starting to wonder if I will even use a JB sense rom lol. I love cm10! Better battery and everything as faster and smoother. I am curious to see the new sense so I will try it out but if its not 100 times better than the current sense I probably will switch back to cm10.

markkelley

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

I couldn't agree more!

This thread is absolutely stupid.
It is useless.
It is a waste of time.
It contains endless speculation, and unconfirmed statements.
It has been wrong more than right.
It has more drift than you can shake a stick at.

And I can't wait to read more of it....

It's a sickness. I don't even have an EVO, but I keep checking this thread multiple times a day. Kinda like a train wreck. Can't... Look... Away...

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

I can tell you that my wife is hoping I will start showering again. There's a decent shot that may happen, but since people will start complaining 14 minutes and 29 seconds after the update, I may not be able to guarantee that.

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

Well today was a productive one on this thread! Phil made a cameo, Zmann is winking again, and sarge is grinning like a sadistic Cheshire cat! What's the chances they will bring back the old notes widget? My life would be complete!:thumbup::beer::D:)

celticking

May 16, 2012
Visit site

I don't know why I read this thread. Got sick of waiting and jumped to cm10 and I love it. Yet, I still can't stop checking these threads on AC and over at xda. I'm anxious to see how JB runs on sense 4+. I'll probably be disappoint after being spoiled by cm10, but I'll still give it a run through

Sent from my EVO

spencer311

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I don't know why I read this thread. Got sick of waiting and jumped to cm10 and I love it. Yet, I still can't stop checking these threads on AC and over at xda. I'm anxious to see how JB runs on sense 4+. I'll probably be disappoint after being spoiled by cm10, but I'll still give it a run through

Sent from my EVO

Lol I said almost that exact same thing like 2 hours ago... Thats funny. Yea I love cm10. Did you install gapps 4.2? Cause if not I recommend it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007