Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

The HTC M7 or whatever that next flagship phone is going to be called, will be out before the EVO LTE gets JB!!!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

tt0h

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

At this rate I can see a class action lawsuit against HTC/Sprint for perpetuating users drinking... =p

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site

Am i the only one who gets pissed every time i hit the htc software update button and it tells me "your phone is up to date", No, my phone is not up to date! Damn, oh, yes i checked for updates, so drink up!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

kmarx

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

So I emailed HTC and I got the response below. Also asking if they would add HTC sense notes to 4.1.

Jelly Bean was released according to the Sprint techs that I have talked to so something went wrong with it. It was supposed to be on HTC's webpage too (i have known these techs for a while)

Dear -----,

Thank you for contacting HTC technical support

we are excited about the latest update for Android, Jelly Bean, and are currently reviewing its features and functionality to determine upgrade plans for our product portfolio. While our goal is to bring the latest software updates to as many of our recent devices as possible, we are committed to maintaining every phones performance and usability first, that is why we first release the updates for the carriers so they can perform additional tests to see if the update matches their customers? expectations. Once they have done that, they will release the updates for everyone. We have no official notice about when the release for the update is going to be. We do not have official notice if it will include HTC Sense Notes.

spencer311

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

So I emailed HTC and I got the response below. Also asking if they would add HTC sense notes to 4.1.

Jelly Bean was released according to the Sprint techs that I have talked to so something went wrong with it. It was supposed to be on HTC's webpage too (i have known these techs for a while)

Dear -----,

Thank you for contacting HTC technical support

we are excited about the latest update for Android, Jelly Bean, and are currently reviewing its features and functionality to determine upgrade plans for our product portfolio. While our goal is to bring the latest software updates to as many of our recent devices as possible, we are committed to maintaining every phones performance and usability first, that is why we first release the updates for the carriers so they can perform additional tests to see if the update matches their customers? expectations. Once they have done that, they will release the updates for everyone. We have no official notice about when the release for the update is going to be. We do not have official notice if it will include HTC Sense Notes.
I think we all know what that means... Drink!!!

kmarx

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

I think that when Jelly Bean is released by Google it should be available for all phones. Like Windows 8 for a PC.

spencer311

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I think that when Jelly Bean is released by Google it should be available for all phones. Like Windows 8 for a PC.

So we should have to pay for it? Actually I agree... and HTC should just make there own set of drivers. That would actually be good.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Haven't been available for a bit and was going through withdrawal. Then I get on and see about 10 new pages and get my hopes up that something big happened. 10 pages of reading later I couldn't be more proud of everyone. No update but plenty of sarcasm flowing freely, I love it.

WiMaxed

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Screw LTEvo! Just ordered Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Sketchy reception, BS WiFi, LTE lock all over the place, no multi-tasking, contacts hosed, double.emails, and no support from Sprint or HTC. Epic Fail