Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

So we should have to pay for it? Actually I agree... and HTC should just make there own set of drivers. That would actually be good.

I'm no programmer or anything, but with the exception of phone manufacturers holding older phones updates back to sell new phones with the new software, to me there is no reason why this is not already done. If a phone can run the software there is no reason we should be left waiting for devs to get in gear. We also should have to do things that void our warranties to update our software without having to wait for said devs.

neopolotin75

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

Screw LTEvo! Just ordered Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Sketchy reception, BS WiFi, LTE lock all over the place, no multi-tasking, contacts hosed, double.emails, and no support from Sprint or HTC. Epic Fail

Just got mine today....so so nice:thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Numbwr 7. I hate this thread or love it. Whatever.

uploadfromtaptalk1354857768383.jpg

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

vhira82

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

Oh yeah. Checking for updates yeah.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354858991800.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354858991800.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 93

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

How is an hour of talk time a good deal? I checked their site I don't see anything anywhere near $30

I'm not sure where the $30 figure came from, it was shown to me by a friend while we were discussing the possible cost saving aspects (long run) of him switching to a nexus 4 on T-Mobile. But for me, if T-Mobile had good coverage where I am (from what I've been told it's meh) it would be a great deal. I rarely use my phone as an actual phone for longer than an hour every month.

Edit: I'll ask him what he was looking at when he showed me the $30 plan.

spencer311

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

You guys all need to root and install cm10. I love my evo4glte again. Besides touchwiz is freaken ugly. And so is the all plastic design that Samsung has. I don't want a Samsung for sure.

sgt. slaughter

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

I'm no programmer or anything, but with the exception of phone manufacturers holding older phones updates back to sell new phones with the new software, to me there is no reason why this is not already done. If a phone can run the software there is no reason we should be left waiting for devs to get in gear. We also should have to do things that void our warranties to update our software without having to wait for said devs.

You do understand they can't work on all devices at the same time to get them up to date. They have to prioritize them at HTC and then if a carrier wants something done faster/earlier then typically they have to pay HTC extra to cover the resources moved/added...and that's just to get the carrier the build to be run through their testing.

It's not near as easy as most tend to think it is. If it was then the great devs now would have sense JB builds flawlessly working on the EVO now...

andrewvig

May 18, 2010
Visit site

I got so excited when I a saw "sarge posted' in my notification bar a nearly crapped. Not nearly as excited when I didn't see him mention a prediction though.

spencer311

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

You do understand they can't work on all devices at the same time to get them up to date. They have to prioritize them at HTC and then if a carrier wants something done faster/earlier then typically they have to pay HTC extra to cover the resources moved/added...and that's just to get the carrier the build to be run through their testing.

It's not near as easy as most tend to think it is. If it was then the great devs now would have sense JB builds flawlessly working on the EVO now...

We do. My phone functions better with cm10 then it does with even mean rom or viper. Not arguing but cm10 is flawless from what I have found. Its the only rom that allows me to use 4glte

dskwerl

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

We do. My phone functions better with cm10 then it does with even mean rom or viper. Not arguing but cm10 is flawless from what I have found. Its the only rom that allows me to use 4glte

I've had a couple of really minor quirks since I've been using it (for a few weeks now.) But I agree that otherwise it's pretty excellent. I installed the 12/6 nightly, and I think the closest I've had to an issue was Google Play crashing once because I didn't have any signal.

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

That write up looks like someone got all of their information by following this form, lol. We drinking? It's early, so , bloody marys or mimosas?

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

That write up looks like someone got all of their information by following this form, lol. We drinking? It's early, so , bloody marys or mimosas?

It's better than nothing. Lte & jb this month Sprint!

Gonna drink wine and speedtest lte sat night. In LA

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

I was meaning more in that phone software should be treated like pc software. I would gladly pay a reasonable fee to get the new OS's as soon as it comes out. Then let the phone manufacturer make apps/drivers for whatever they'd like to add after the fact. If I want to get Windows 8 on my desktop I do not have to wait for HP to add their software to do so. I'm sure that there are some monetary/licensing reasons as to why things are done the way they are. The only people who suffer for this is us the end users.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos