Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

since this is the hottest thread in the evo lte forum, i'm going to post my problem here.

lately, i have been getting the same text message from people multiple times. for example, today, i got the same text about 4 or 5 times within like 2 minutes. i have restarted my phone and asked my friend to restart their phone. even after the phone restarted, i got the same text again multiple times. anyone know what is causing this problem and/or how i can fix it?

I usually only get this from 1 person and it seems to happen with everyone they text so it seems to be more on the senders end

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site

since this is the hottest thread in the evo lte forum, i'm going to post my problem here.

lately, i have been getting the same text message from people multiple times. for example, today, i got the same text about 4 or 5 times within like 2 minutes. i have restarted my phone and asked my friend to restart their phone. even after the phone restarted, i got the same text again multiple times. anyone know what is causing this problem and/or how i can fix it?

Does the person sending the message have an i phone?, I've had this happen a couple of times, both happens to be from people with an i phone

zakphi

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Does the person sending the message have an i phone?, I've had this happen a couple of times, both happens to be from people with an i phone

the person i was texting had the iphone 4s on att and another friend had the gs2 on sprint

Geezerb

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

What messenger app are you using? Handcent admitted to this problem

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

zakphi

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

What messenger app are you using? Handcent admitted to this problem

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

at first i was using go sms(but then for some strange reason the settings would get reset like everyday and it got annoying and i do believe i had this problem with go sms as well) then i switched back to stock.

31794ty

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site

I'm using GO SMS and I've been having these issues with group text/mms from anyone with an iphone. The go sms app also freezes any time a text is received. Quick responses are impossible, and this has resulted in my evo being turned into a frisbee, on multiple occasions. I don't even care about jelly bean, I just want to be able to respond to a text in less than 2 minutes.

koam

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

The problem of receiving the same text messages multiple times is a Sprint issue.

It's not due to your friend using iPhone and it's not due to you using Go SMS.

Two possible causes are - a problem with the cell tower that Sprint is using to connect to your phone, or a problem with the Airave system (not necessarily your Airave, but the whole or regional system - if you have Airave).

I tested and investigated this issue with Sprint a week ago. I received multiple messages from another Sprint user, and when I sent text messages to myself. Same thing happened with GO SMS installed and after it was uninstalled. Same thing happened with 2 different Airaves and with no Airave at all.

Documented here, where my user name is koam:

Sprint Community: Multiple duplicate text messages
Sprint Community: Issues with the Sprint Airave

While the problem has subsided, It happened once again yesterday. I haven't kept testing by sending myself texts.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

From 1:00 -4:00 I will be watching Steelers football and will be unable to check updates. I trust someone here will be checking and keeping us informed.
2y7e3ame.jpg

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

Same thing here when texting with iPhone users

It's an I phone issue seeing that it only happens to me when an iphone user is texting me.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

Bryan87

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site

Same here, and its actually been happening to more then just ppl on Sprint, and I was ready to throw this phone out the window it was doing it so much, I guess just another bug ?

smokin221

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

Whenever my brother sends me a text message from his iPhone it always comes through as a multi media message even though there are no pictures

k2ldc10

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Whenever my brother sends me a text message from his iPhone it always comes through as a multi media message even though there are no pictures

I think it depends upon how they send the text from the iPhone. I get texts from coworkers who have iPhones. They send them to my work cell phone, which is a feature phone on AT&T. Sometimes it cones through as a text message, and sometimes its a multimedia message, even though its only a text.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yadde