Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

I want to root, but i tried the other day and ended up getting some virus on my pc, trying to sell me some Web defender! Now my wife is pissed and I'm afraid to try again

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

calvinserrano

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site

Back to Update, Sprint really doesn't know anything about the update to 4.1.1. You know Sprint, they release updates when they get it unlike Verizon and AT&T cellphones. So stop acting like Sprint is holding back the update.... HTC as we know is taking forever to Update their devices released early-mid 2012 (LTEvo, One X [AT&T and Europe Int'l Version], One V, One S) so I wouldn't be surprised that an OTA hasn't been released yet.

My friend who has an Int'l One X from the Middle East has Jellybean already. Basically, the only difference a user (which is just a regular user) will see is Google Now, and the Sense color being changed from Green to Blue. Sense is sense and nothing has really changed. ICS runs great on the phone, but with comparisons with my LTEvo and his One X, project butter in 4.1.1 really makes a difference.

Like all of us, I am really excited to see Jellybean on my LTEvo. I am just really concerned that might be another EVO 3D mess with the ICS update.

bluespyder117

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

OK has anyone noticed that as of today the evo 4g lte is on the HTC front page??? Is this a precursor to the big jump? We have all noticed how non existent this phone has been since day 1. Why is itthere now?

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site

OK has anyone noticed that as of today the evo 4g lte is on the HTC front page??? Is this a precursor to the big jump? We have all noticed how non existent this phone has been since day 1. Why is itthere now?

All i see is the DNA on the front page

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

What if the update only goes to the good people on Santa's forum list. I'm betting at least half of you won't get anything but a lump of coal.
:beer::D
vu4ujyru.jpg

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

I've been checking this thread non-stop since day one when the thread started and can't believe that it's gonna be a month old soon. Then a feeling of de ja vu hit me like I've experienced this all too well before. And then it hit me. The NFL/NBA Lockout.

I'm tempted to root to go to CM10 for a more stock experience but at the same time, in the back of my head, there's something that tells me wait, just because I wanna keep Sense manly for the camera. Anybody that flashed CM10 notices any noticable differences between the Sense Camera and the stock Jelly Bean Camera?

There's definitely a difference in picture quality, and in available features - lack of HDR mode comes to mind. It's perfectly adequate for every-day shots though. A lot of people keep a Sense-based ROM (I suggest MeanROM) backed up for when they know they're going to need a better camera, and run CM10 for everything else.

If you want the best of both worlds, you could run a Sense ROM with a launcher like Nova or Apex to give you more of the stock feel.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

I've been checking this thread non-stop since day one when the thread started and can't believe that it's gonna be a month old soon. Then a feeling of de ja vu hit me like I've experienced this all too well before. And then it hit me. The NFL/NBA Lockout.

I'm tempted to root to go to CM10 for a more stock experience but at the same time, in the back of my head, there's something that tells me wait, just because I wanna keep Sense manly for the camera. Anybody that flashed CM10 notices any noticable differences between the Sense Camera and the stock Jelly Bean Camera?

I was running cm10 for a few days but I switched back today because I needed the camera. The cm10 camera has a yellow tint to it. I'm not sure if there is a setting I don't have right or what. Other than that it was great I really liked the sms pop up.

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

I was running cm10 for a few days but I switched back today because I needed the camera. The cm10 camera has a yellow tint to it. I'm not sure if there is a setting I don't have right or what. Other than that it was great I really liked the sms pop up.

sense camera is completely different than AOSP camera and the drivers are different, so AOSP doesn't fully utilize or make proper use of imagesense/Sense camera and its drivers.

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

It's likely that Sprint is showing you what you want to see based on your previous searches. Much like Banner Ads around the web tend to show things that pertain to you. For instance, if you've recently looked for Steak Restaurants in your city, those tailored ads may show you Morton's or Ruth Chris. It's pretty cool how it works.

I've read that Google Fiber does this, too. Rather than the normal untargeted commercials in between shows, it will actually show you ads that pertain to you or to whomever owns the associated Google account.

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

There's definitely a difference in picture quality, and in available features - lack of HDR mode comes to mind. It's perfectly adequate for every-day shots though. A lot of people keep a Sense-based ROM (I suggest MeanROM) backed up for when they know they're going to need a better camera, and run CM10 for everything else.

If you want the best of both worlds, you could run a Sense ROM with a launcher like Nova or Apex to give you more of the stock feel.

Yeah I was thinking if I did flash it would be either MeanROM or Viper Rom but the last time I checked, I wasn't able to find a ROM with Jelly Bean on it, my whole purpose of wanting to flash lol. But I was definitely gonna throw on Nova Launcher for my almost stock experience.

Oh that yellow tint would've drove me insane when takin' pics. I know it might sound stupid, but did you try another 3rd party app to see if the same yellow tint still persists? And that's pretty dope that there's a native SMS Pop Up. I like the little things like that.

miguel4360

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

The GSIII already has Jelly Bean and they are about to get their own Premium Suite Upgrade....I really wanted to give HTC a chance and so I went with the Evo....(Huge Evo Fan) but this is getting ridiculous...I can understand if none of the newer HTC phones had JB but the One X has it.....Had to get off CM10 due to shaky Wifi and horrible 3g/4g signals.....plus there is still somewhat of an issue with the Wifi/3g/4g handoff....Really getting frustrated....should of went with the GSIII....My one and only rant on this situation...

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I was thinking if I did flash it would be either MeanROM or Viper Rom but the last time I checked, I wasn't able to find a ROM with Jelly Bean on it, my whole purpose of wanting to flash lol. But I was definitely gonna throw on Nova Launcher for my almost stock experience.
CM10 is Jelly Bean based. 4.1.2 specifically. Very soon to be 4.2 based. You won't find any Sense-Based ROMs running Jelly Bean yet, although there is a dev working on a port. IMO, Mean is the one that most closely mimics the smoothness of JB, and it has Google Now baked in.

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

IMO Apple is the only one with perfect plan as far as upgrades....they don't allow carrier crap on their devices, updates are made available directly as announced, and they don't give crap about what carriers has to say...
I think Google is getting their with Nexus devices, but they should control all the manufacturers that use android as OS...

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Google needs to look into becoming a carrier, too. They're doing everything else. (Google, Shut Up and Take My Money!)

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site

Just saw on sprint forums that a guy just got a System update, he's rooted and doesn't want to hit the button, do rooted phones get system updates for various roms or do we have something here?

crowrb29

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site

For anyone looking for something that resembles Google Now I recommend trying AIVC its actually a little closer to siri I would say but it works really well and I haven't had any problems with it accessing anything or not recognizing my voice.

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Just saw on sprint forums that a guy just got a System update, he's rooted and doesn't want to hit the button, do rooted phones get system updates for various roms or do we have something here?

It's probably 171mb. Jeez, this has made me so cynical.

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site

It didn't say how many mb, it just said system update available, tap here to start download