Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

icenija

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Looks like it is the person's first post on the forum so not sure how much stock to put into his screenshot.

Ice

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

the easiest way to determine is to ask him to download and share the filesize. Im too lazy to join the forum though

jcwcooper

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

been reading this thread since the beginning

said screw it and decided to learn how to root and flash and now running cm10 and having no regrets!

cckorn 16

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

Been thinking about rooting, but I have a feeling the update is coming this week......we'll see. If it's not pushed to us by the end of the month, I'll probably root and run CM10.

crowrb29

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site

You can't really technically go back to stock after installing a custom rom. Also a lot of roms have issues with cameras and wi fi . It's a really good experience, much better than stock, if you flash the roms the right way, but if you miss some steps you can mess up your phone pretty bad.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

CM10 is Jelly Bean based. 4.1.2 specifically. Very soon to be 4.2 based. You won't find any Sense-Based ROMs running Jelly Bean yet, although there is a dev working on a port. IMO, Mean is the one that most closely mimics the smoothness of JB, and it has Google Now baked in.

I'll wait two more weeks end of the year and if nothing happens then I'll start the New Year off rooted and on MeanROM.

sgt. slaughter

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

You can't really technically go back to stock after installing a custom rom. Also a lot of roms have issues with cameras and wi fi . It's a really good experience, much better than stock, if you flash the roms the right way, but if you miss some steps you can mess up your phone pretty bad.

This is far from the truth as if you root it is painless almost to unroot. If you SOFF its fairly easy to un do that. Same for if you flash a custom Rom, and want to go back to stock Rom or if you want to completely unroot and start from scratch stock again.

Head to xda if you guys do not have the files here as they are there for sure. There are pure 100% stock builds as well as RUUs which will revert you to complete bone stock like the phone was when you take it out of the box.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

andrewvig

May 18, 2010
Visit site

I did the same thing except my timeline was for last "roosday" (Tuesday). I took the plunge and flashed cm10. Had some self-inflicted trouble but between the guys here and XDA they got me sorted out. My biggest piece of advice is to save your backup to the SD card of your current rom. I didn't know any better and saved it to my internal and ultimately had to format that partition. no biggie because i can get the stock rom anywhere. I enjoyed the process overall and it was a good experience. everything worked except wallet that i found but there are ways around it.

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

From this discussion or seems a lot of folks equate rooting to installing a custom ROM. It's not the same thing, though the later requires the former. Rooting is just acquiring full power over the OS. It is because you rooted that you can modify certain files, allowing you to modify the device with custom ROM's. However, it is possible to root and use a stock ROM if you want root privileges but don't feel comfortable with a different ROM.

treyguad

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

What if the reason it is taking so long is because they want to surprise us with 4.2!! :D haha .....yeah..... -_-

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

what exactly is the "contacts issue" people are having?

The people app takes too long to react, causing long delays for messaging and the dialer. Just last night we were looking for my wife's missing iPhone and I pressed the quick dial key I set up for her number and the dialer froze and took close to two minutes to begin dialing. That would actually be pretty dangerous in an emergency...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci